Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

That chart makes no sense in terms of comparisons, which it purports to do, because the age groups vary between diseases. COVID 25-34 compared to Flu 18-49? COVID 35-44 compared to Flu 50-64?

That's like comparing the price of one container of juice to another container of juice purely looking at the price, while ignoring the fact that one container holds 1 liter and the other holds 1.5 liters. 

In order for a chart like that to have any value, other than to those who have an agenda of dismissing the seriousness of COVID,  the age groups would have to be the same- COVID 15-30, Flu 15-30.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

That chart makes no sense in terms of comparisons, which it purports to do, because the age groups vary between diseases. COVID 25-34 compared to Flu 18-49? COVID 35-44 compared to Flu 50-64?

 

Spock.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johanson said:

That is only your opinion and not the facts, gringohombre.

He has the source references there...do you have others to dispute this? Why do you say that this is MY opinion and not the facts? You are not making any sense...not unusual.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, johanson said:

But is so much fun. I can't resist. I surprised it took you so long to respond :) 

He has been very busy taking down his satellite dishes!  LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am afraid to respond slainte39. Would you ask him to measure the size of those satellite dishes once he takes them down? Thanks in advance to both of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johanson said:

I am afraid to respond slainte39. Would you ask him to measure the size of those satellite dishes once he takes them down? Thanks in advance to both of you.

I will, but only if he pays me a commission for being the intermediary.  Getting between you two is dangerous work…..and that´s a FACT.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johanson said:

That is only your opinion and not the facts, gringohombre.

Check the references at the bottom of the piece.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mudgirl said:

That chart makes no sense in terms of comparisons, which it purports to do, because the age groups vary between diseases. COVID 25-34 compared to Flu 18-49? COVID 35-44 compared to Flu 50-64?

That's like comparing the price of one container of juice to another container of juice purely looking at the price, while ignoring the fact that one container holds 1 liter and the other holds 1.5 liters. 

In order for a chart like that to have any value, other than to those who have an agenda of dismissing the seriousness of COVID,  the age groups would have to be the same- COVID 15-30, Flu 15-30.

While it can't be a direct comparison, it reflects the data that is available for each.  Where the timelines are close, some inferences can be drawn.  For example it is pretty clear CV 19 is considerably more dangerous for the old than the young when compared to some incidences of the flu.  And getting in a car is more dangerous for just about anyone.  I wonder if these data reflect driving on the carretera.  :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

While it can't be a direct comparison, it reflects the data that is available for each.  Where the timelines are close, some inferences can be drawn.  For example it is pretty clear CV 19 is considerably more dangerous for the old than the young when compared to some incidences of the flu.  And getting in a car is more dangerous for just about anyone.  I wonder if these data reflect driving on the carretera.  :D 

Where the timelines are close, some inferences can be drawn.” But, do you have enough knowledge and information to be positive the inferences you draw are correct?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty obvious this one hits the old harder and the young less.  That's what I got from this.

Understanding, analyzing and drawing inference from sometimes incomplete data is what technically trained people do.  The larger problem is the previous pandemics haven't been studied nearly as well as this one.  

I suspect the real problem for some here is the data don't seem to support the narrative well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people don't believe in facts, only those "facts" conceived in their own convoluted minds or garnered from FAKE NEWS and all of those insidious "Social Media" platforms (that are destroying the younger generation) for their own devious intentions or to poison the minds of others. Just my opinion.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently pointed out to a friend of ours, who is quite afraid to venture out, that using statistics based on total population of gringos in this area vs. total deaths from Covid he is more likely to be murdered than die from the virus.  Somehow he did not take much comfort in that.  Alan

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Some people don't believe in facts...

Too bad some folks can only see things as black or white without the ability to discern the grey scale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

 

Too bad some folks can only see things as black or white without the ability to discern the grey scale. 

From your favorite source: Sn. Google

Fact: noun

plural noun: facts

a thing that is known or proved to be true.

No "grey scale"...get it???

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

From your favorite source: Sn. Google

Fact: noun

plural noun: facts

a thing that is known or proved to be true.

No "grey scale"...get it???

 

See what I mean? SAD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

No photo description available.

Thanks MC.

I do not know where people see any comparisons in this chart.

I only see statistics  of total deaths in certain age groups for flu 2018 and Covid 19 2020

The data was provided by government and Wikipedia (see on the bottom ) which is usually more trustworthy than the info on  another social media platforms

Except,  Covid 19 season is not over yet.. So it should say so far...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Much like in auto accidents, there is unlisted damage in Covid 19 sickness after not dying in the original event.  The final tally for that damage will perhaps take a full generation to calculate.  The seasonal flu is quite dangerous to those with complicating conditions but it does not seem to potentially cause life threatening/altering conditions after one is healed.  Also, the acute suffering caused by Covid during the actual illness is apparently much more severe.  Also not an easy to chart factor when doing comparisons.  Alan

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

It is pretty obvious this one hits the old harder and the young less.  That's what I got from this.

Understanding, analyzing and drawing inference from sometimes incomplete data is what technically trained people do.  The larger problem is the previous pandemics haven't been studied nearly as well as this one.  

I suspect the real problem for some here is the data don't seem to support the narrative well.

I was not referring to just this post but in general. I also sometimes wonder if you ever consider that you might possibly have a tiny bit of trouble accepting the data that does not support your narrative. Funny how that works.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...