Chapala.com Webboard

Need help w/Mercado Libra purchase.

I already have a M.L. account.

I bought an item on M.L. 2 days ago, and it was delivered perfectly on time.

Today, I went to purchase another item and it said "envio gratis."

I then was asked to choose a DHL location. I chose Guadalajara.

As we were looking to check out, there was a popup. It said, according to my wife, native Spanish speaker/reader said we had to go to Guadalajara to pick up the item and we would get an email saying when the item would be available for pickup. It is a small item that will fit in a 12" X 12" box w/room to spare.

This doesn't seem reasonable or logical. The item is only $800.

Tried to call M.L. at the phone on the site and 3X got a message that the # doesn't exist.

I am clueless (little pun there).

Please, only helpful, on-topic responses, nothing personal.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

We always have everything sent straight to our domicilio or home address here in downtown Chapala and have never had any delivery issues.  What ever the item was that you ordered, for some reason you chose to ship it directly to their Guadalajara branch store to be picked up in person instead of shipping directly to your home.  Look up the contact information of the vender on Mercado Libre and have your Mexican wife call them for you.

2 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I already have a M.L. account.

I bought an item on M.L. 2 days ago, and it was delivered perfectly on time.

Today, I went to purchase another item and it said "envio gratis."

I then was asked to choose a DHL location. I chose Guadalajara.

As we were looking to check out, there was a popup. It said, according to my wife, native Spanish speaker/reader said we had to go to Guadalajara to pick up the item and we would get an email saying when the item would be available for pickup. It is a small item that will fit in a 12" X 12" box w/room to spare.

This doesn't seem reasonable or logical. The item is only $800.

Tried to call M.L. at the phone on the site and 3X got a message that the # doesn't exist.

I am clueless (little pun there).

Please, only helpful, on-topic responses, nothing personal.

Thanks.

As to why you chose to have your package delivered to a Guadalajara DHL office I don't know. They can't offer the  DHL office in Ajijic because it is  temporarily closed.

You should to have it delivered to your home address on file. 

OK 

Option 1 Simplest  Go to my purchase page (mis compras)  and cancel the purchase ( cancelar compra).  Then you can re-buy using your home address.

Option 2  is to send a message to the  vendor and say you need to change the delivery address. He has the ability to create a new mailing label with the address  change you send him if he hasn't dispached the package.  Do not do it by phone. Do it by message. 

We put to have it delivered to our home address which was free installs on the website because of my account. The pop-up about we will be advised when to pick it up was after everything had been completed. We immediately went and canceled it but still received a confirmation that we had made the purchase. Maybe the cancellation is lagging behind that.

I have purchased several times before en Mercado Libre and have never had this problem. My wife did send a email to the seller through the website.

when we canceled the purchase and then checked to make sure it was in fact canceled, it gave the option to either re-order or cancel the cancellation. This time, it showed our home as the delivery address. So my wife did it and now we will wait.