Chapala.com Webboard

Cumbres Chula Vista Norte - Potable Water

Cumbres is not part of Chula Vista Norte. 

Cumbres has made multiple attempts at drilling a well with no success. . They supply water by truck to their system almost daily.  I was told last year they had applied to SIMAPA for connection, but there were problems with their papers.    

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Cumbres has made multiple attempts at drilling a well with no success. . They supply water by truck to their system almost daily.  I was told last year they had applied to SIMAPA for connection, but there were problems with their papers.    

II guess because you have to drive though CVN one could be forgiven for not assuming it is part of CVN. 

By the way does CVN have a well or rely on Tanks and or SAT muni to supply

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 5:07 PM, Mostlylost said:

Chula Vista Norte is connected to a SIMAPA well with a tank on the hill for pressure.  CVN maintains the pump.

I remember having lots of problems in CVN with the water supply when we stayed there. I thought that the first time we stayed  it was anomaly but we had the some problems the next winter too. That was couple of years ago so it may have changed. Do you live there Mostlylost? Do you know the situation now? Loved it there otherwise. We have lost our contacts there.

The only problems in CVN with water were related to pump failures and the inability of SIMAPA to make timely repairs. About 2 years ago there also was a pipe repair needed (damage caused by a contractor) that affected 5 houses. Because of location of the pipe it took a few days. 

CVN took control of the pump maintenance and installed a new pump and repaired the old pump so if there is a pump failure it can be exchanged in a couple of hours.  Also unlike SIMAPA CVN has been doing an annual cleaning of the pump so failure is less likely.

Houses in CVN are required to have Aljibes. A few of the very old houses have very small aljibes good for 1-2 days of use. The majority of the newer houses have large aljibes (as much as 20,000 liters) that will last for weeks if needed. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, Carnivore said:

I've been told that currently home owners receive their water by truck as the intended wells for that highest part of the development have not, as of yet, produced water?   Is this true?

Yes this is true for Cumbres they are a different fraccionamiento 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks-for the info---We are just in the process of closing soon---Upper Chula Vista--What is that situation? Asked about water and told all was OK!  Insight please so we don't go in blindly!  Salud and Gracias during these times!

On 7/20/2020 at 3:05 PM, Mostlylost said:

How many properties are there in Cumbres?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks-for the info---We are just in the process of closing soon---Upper Chula Vista--What is that situation? Asked about water and told all was OK!  Insight please so we don't go in blindly!  Salud and Gracias during these times!

Potable water from 2 wells 24x7365. The water is tested for chlorine level daily and lab tested for bacteria, heavy metals, arsenic et.c. on a quarterly basis.

SunFan

on a quarterly basis

• Thanks 1