Chapala.com Webboard

Want recommendations for general practioner M.D. in ajijic.

6 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

On another post you say Dr Lastra is your doctor for 10 years

Yes, and I loved him until my last visit. read my post about what happened and tell me in PM why I'm wrong to look for another doctor/

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Just stop responding to Eric and he will go away

No Kyle, I won't go away. I will continue to post things I feel will be helpful. I will continue to participate in discussions, and I will ask questions.

Feel free to block me, in fact, I encourage it as does the Moderator.

I'm more interested in the quality of the doctor than his/her bedside manner.

I went to a doctor a few years ago in one of the top hospitals in the U.S., and she was starting to prescribe a certain medication for me. My ex-wife was with me and jumped in and asked if that was the med that was recently found to in some people,  cause then to  have suicidal thoughts. The doctor admitted that was true and wrote something else.

Medicine is an art, not a science.

No one mention Dr. Leon in Ajijic. Any reason?

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

I went to a doctor a few years ago in one of the top hospitals in the U.S., and she was starting to prescribe a certain medication for me. My ex-wife was with me and jumped in and asked if that was the med that was recently found to in some people,  cause then to  have suicidal thoughts.

Maybe you should go back up there, and try it.    If it works, let us know.

I have heard good things about quite a few GPs, Lakeside,  The Doctor I have been going to for more than 20 years is Dr. Carlos Garcia who practices at The San Antonio Hospital and Clinic, In fact I think that he is in charge of both the Hospital and Clinic

10 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

I saw her for a meet and greet 4 years ago and to get a Mexican equivalent of a medication I had been taking NOB. I had already tried many farmacias prior to our visit and none carried the medication.

First of all, I found her cold, and honestly, about the least caring physician I have ever seen. Second, she insisted that I simply hadn't been to the right farmacia and sent me to Farmacia Cristina who, she assured me could get it if they didn't have it.

After three trips to the farmacia, I was informed that the suppliers in Guadalajara didn't have it, couldn't get it and I would need to see my doctor to get a replacement. Duh!

Back to Lupita's I went and was informed that she wasn't in, but would have a script for me the following day. Mind you, I live quite a distance from Ajijic, I hate the heat during the day and I have now been driving back and forth to get what I paid her for on my first visit. But I needed a replacement, so the following day I schlep back to her office and...no script, no Lupita. Now I'm showing my aggravation so the receptionist texts Lupita and asks what she should do. Lupita texts her back some time later with what I should take, the receptionist copies it on a script, and I think I'm finally on my way to getting what I needed from that first visit.

Not being one to gulp down new medication without knowing what I'm taking, I look up what she had prescribed. Not only was it NOT for what my previous med had been for, it was only to be used for patients with a certain condition and carried some very serious side effects for those, like myself, who didn't have the condition.

This is why I would caution AGAINST Lupita.   

I appreciate your candid response.  I have had such a different experience.