Chapala.com Webboard

Bobby's La Terraza

Bisbee Gal

From his FB page on July 7th

Bobby's La Terraza Gourmet Ajijic

July 7 · 

An important message to my friends and valued customers from Bobby.
As of right now, I’m afraid Bobby’s La Terraza is closed. As you know, I have tried to keep going to serve the community as I have for my past 35 years here Lakeside, with catering, Casa Domingo BnB In Tlaquepaque and my restaurants. These current times have been so difficult for us all and I’m not feeling sorry for myself. I just don’t know what more to do. I closed up the restaurant when told to by officials and tried to provide the best and safest food delivery service and take out, then, after almost all other local establishments had opened with “Limited Dine In Service”, I thought maybe it was time to join in. So, as safely as possible (and as many others) I tried it on Friday and Saturday evenings, very limited, for 2 weeks, after which, I , personally did not feel comfortable. I felt also that I should be concentrating on my deliveries to those who were sacrificing going out at all to assure their safety first. Well... I don’t know what’s happened, but my once good delivery-take home service has plummeted to where I can’t make expenses anymore. I am so appreciative of those few who call each week and we chat( some, I have never met, but now consider friends.. and everyone knows I’m good at chatting)..
Bu, it isn’t enough for us to keep going. For some silly reason, I thought that I was doing a service and some good for the community, trying different dinners and small Entrees, but, maybe, I’m just not as smart or good as I once was. Please do not take this as though I’m feeling sorry for myself. I’m just disappointed that it seems I have failed this time..
This action may not be permanent. Any those who wish to keep up with what is happening, please send me your email address.
My Thursday “Mission To Feed The Hungry” will continue. To that, I am committed.
I love my Mexico and I love you
Bobby

7 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

From his FB page on July 7th

Bobby's La Terraza Gourmet Ajijic

July 7 · 

An important message to my friends and valued customers from Bobby.
As of right now, I’m afraid Bobby’s La Terraza is closed. As you know, I have tried to keep going to serve the community as I have for my past 35 years here Lakeside, with catering, Casa Domingo BnB In Tlaquepaque and my restaurants. These current times have been so difficult for us all and I’m not feeling sorry for myself. I just don’t know what more to do. I closed up the restaurant when told to by officials and tried to provide the best and safest food delivery service and take out, then, after almost all other local establishments had opened with “Limited Dine In Service”, I thought maybe it was time to join in. So, as safely as possible (and as many others) I tried it on Friday and Saturday evenings, very limited, for 2 weeks, after which, I , personally did not feel comfortable. I felt also that I should be concentrating on my deliveries to those who were sacrificing going out at all to assure their safety first. Well... I don’t know what’s happened, but my once good delivery-take home service has plummeted to where I can’t make expenses anymore. I am so appreciative of those few who call each week and we chat( some, I have never met, but now consider friends.. and everyone knows I’m good at chatting)..
Bu, it isn’t enough for us to keep going. For some silly reason, I thought that I was doing a service and some good for the community, trying different dinners and small Entrees, but, maybe, I’m just not as smart or good as I once was. Please do not take this as though I’m feeling sorry for myself. I’m just disappointed that it seems I have failed this time..
This action may not be permanent. Any those who wish to keep up with what is happening, please send me your email address.
My Thursday “Mission To Feed The Hungry” will continue. To that, I am committed.
I love my Mexico and I love you
Bobby

Thanks for sharing, but all sounds very strange..maybe burnt out again...take care.... stay safe stay well Bobby

• Confused 1

My problem with the location was it being across the street from the previous restaurant he sold to a couple whenhe was sick and needed money. Then he gets better and comes back and opens up across the street. “Ta-da! Bobby’s back! Forget that old Roberto’s place across the street.”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Xena said:

My problem with the location was it being across the street from the previous restaurant he sold to a couple whenhe was sick and needed money. Then he gets better and comes back and opens up across the street. “Ta-da! Bobby’s back! Forget that old Roberto’s place across the street.”

That was a thoughtless criticism, because it is not necessarily easy to find a desirable location to open a new restaurant.  Bobby's cancer was a very expensive matter and he needed to make a living.  There may not have been other choices at the time. The recent location suffered from both lack of parking and street noise, but his food was good enough to overcome those problems under normal conditions.   Like many other restaurants, the current virus is hurting business to the point where staying open may not remain an option.  Lets have a little empathy and put ourselves in their shoes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, gringal said:

That was a thoughtless criticism, because it is not necessarily easy to find a desirable location to open a new restaurant.  Bobby's cancer was a very expensive matter and he needed to make a living.  There may not have been other choices at the time. The recent location suffered from both lack of parking and street noise, but his food was good enough to overcome those problems under normal conditions.   Like many other restaurants, the current virus is hurting business to the point where staying open may not remain an option.  Lets have a little empathy and put ourselves in their shoes.

I am sure if Bobby wishes to remain in the restaurant business he will again rise from the ashes which will not be an option for most of the other small businesses that have and will be closing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, gringal said:

No matter how bad things are for some of us, our moral compass  dictates that we don't screw somebody that helps us, like buying our business for example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess when you use the public domain to advertise , good or not so good comments/observations will fly. Seriously how many of these restaurants "make money" and remember your working for Pesos . A tough business that and farming. I think many NOB who open restaurants do it as a vocation and not to get "rich" . Now if they charged dollars like the local Nursing Homes for there services... that is a money maker

• Confused 2

On 7/19/2020 at 1:52 PM, happyjillin said:

No matter how bad things are for some of us, our moral compass  dictates that we don't screw somebody that helps us, like buying our business for example.

Peter/Pedro/Péter/Peadar:  With 1821 posts it suggests that you're way overdue for the following Morality test:    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50487054    When completed "unscrew" all your posts where necessary!

1 hour ago, Carnivore said:

Peter/Pedro/Péter/Peadar:  With 1821 posts it suggests that you're way overdue for the following Morality test:    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50487054    When completed "unscrew" all your posts where necessary!

It's interesting that you find the need to disagree with a post about somebody screwing a person that helped them because I inserted "moral compass" in it.-SNORK! Mine's just fine thanks.  EDIT: And your quiz has no relevance  to what I posted nor how many posts that I have made.

sincerely: none other than pedro kertesz

45 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

It's interesting that you find the need to disagree with a post about somebody screwing a person that helped them because I inserted "moral compass" in it.-SNORK! Mine's just fine thanks.  EDIT: And your quiz has no relevance  to what I posted nor how many posts that I have made.

sincerely: none other than pedro kertesz

Your so frequent inclusion of the word "SNORK" definitely provoked a long overdue dictionary visit.  There's a number of definitions, none complimentary, but the following seems to apply quite well:    An ignorant scrub who thinks he's top notch or he's acting like a sped, also meaning a little guy or girl who plays with themselves.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carnivore said:

Your so frequent inclusion of the word "SNORK" definitely provoked a long overdue dictionary visit.  There's a number of definitions, none complimentary, but the following seems to apply quite well:    An ignorant scrub who thinks he's top notch or he's acting like a sped, also meaning a little guy or girl who plays with themselves.

SNORK!

8 hours ago, Carnivore said:

Love it......  and thanks for bring some decorum back into this forum..I guess this self isolation is bring other "problems"

11 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Love it......  and thanks for bring some decorum back into this forum..I guess this self isolation is bring other "problems"

Decorum you say? It appears like you and your buddy carnivore  think it's ok to screw somebody that helps you and carnivore took umbrage with my suggesting somebody like that has a damaged or nonexistent moral compass. As to the way I use "SNORK!" It  Is a word I came up with for use on web boards many years ago to describe my reaction to silly and uneducated posts. It is an actual physical sound made by my nose and the back of my throat when I sneer at the same time, to denote incredulity so you won't find that in any dictionary. SNORK!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kyle said:

According to the Merriem-Webster dictionary smork is a real word

it did not give credit to happyjilln for coming up with it.

I never looked in a dictionary  but started using it exactly as described and why. And the word I use  is SNORK! [as written] not smork. I'm sure the other 2 trolls are glad you joined them in irrelevancy.

pedro kertesz

• Like 1