Chapala.com Webboard

Wonder if it is this bad here

Realizing how things function in Mexico I have suspected the same for years. I usually use Ciel or Santa Maria as I think they are made by Coca Cola where there is more likely to be quality control.

25 years ago we were vacationing in PV and on my way back to the hotel from my morning run I couldn't help noticing some hotel staff filling empty water bottles from the garden hose. Makes one wonder...

• Sad 1

I guess I look at things differently. I met the owner of Katya water and was very impressed. I would rather trust a local business - used by many of the restaurants at Lakeside - than a large corporation. Think of all the times big corporations like Coco-cola get slapped with fines for careless mistakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

I guess I look at things differently. I met the owner of Katya water and was very impressed. I would rather trust a local business - used by many of the restaurants at Lakeside - than a large corporation. Think of all the times big corporations like Coco-cola get slapped with fines for careless mistakes.

I bought water from my local bottling plant for years. They supply many of the local restaurants. But my stomach was never quite right, and because I have a clear glss water dispenser, I could see their water go green within days in the hot summer. I switched to Ciel, my stomach has now been fine and their water stays clear. I don't know how it is where you live, but I don't think anyone from the health dept. monitors the practices of the local facility, whereas I would think the large companies get some regular inspections. And a local doctor told my friend not to drink the locally bottled water- that he was sure they didn't change their filters often enough.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MtnMama said:

I think the biggest mistake is producing the junk Coca-Cola

• Sad 2

I lab tested Katya and it passed with flying colors.  Coke and Pepsi both know how to make pure water and would not take chances with reputation locally so if you are worried test or buy from these two vendors. I am off bottled water but I would trust Katya also. As far a previous post Chiapis is a long ways away from here.  I get the point person was trying to make but doubt if it applies to here.  

So Coca Cola does not cae about their reputation in one of the largest market for Coca Cola in Mexico? Down there Coca Cola is used instead of water.. It is the beverage of choice in wedding, in churches ,,etc.. It is a whole of a lot more important market for Coca Cola than the Lakeside area.