Chapala.com Webboard

Sorry, I don't think you understand. I have a friend who will take the satellite dishes down and will  get rid of them for you. If the small one is only 1.2 meters, that would normally only cost you 100 pesos. However larger one, if it is 2.4 meters would you about 500 pesos.

That's a pretty good price. That is only a little more than $25 US to get rid of both of them for you. Now if it is difficult to take down the larger one. the price could be up to $35 US to take them both away and dispose of them for you.

I am out of the country now,but I can email him if you want these satellites disposed of.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, johanson said:

Sorry, I don't think you understand. I have a friend who will take the satellite dishes down and will  get rid of them for you. If the small one is only 1.2 meters, that would normally only cost you 100 pesos. However larger one, if it is 2.4 meters would you about 500 pesos.

That's a pretty good price. That is only a little more than $25 US to get rid of both of them for you. Now if it is difficult to take down the larger one. the price could be up to $35 US to take them both away and dispose of them for you.

I am out of the country now,but I can email him if you want these satellites disposed of.

When I posted that I had these dishes for sale " I have 2 huge Dish TV dishes on top of my house if anyone wants to make me an offer!" you asked:

"Gringohombre, I am interested. How large are the satellite dishes and are they only C band capable or will they also work with the higher frequency Ku signals?"

I then responded:

“These were installed by an Ajijic company (well regarded...cannot remember the name) 12+ years ago using an address in Brooklyn NY to create the "legal" Dish TV account. Worked well for many years (except in the rainy season) and the rate for basic TV slowly increased to US$80 a month until ditching for the streaming app service about 6 - 8 months ago. One is maybe 10' diameter and the other maybe 4' (was told this one was for HD reception). Have no idea about the technical questions you are asking”

You then responded:

“Great, it sounds like one is  2.4 meters in diameter and the other a 1.2 meters in diameter Ku band satellite dish . What is the dollar amount we are talking about here, for each?”

I then sent you photos and other information and you said:

“Thanks for the pictures. I'm pretty sure you are wrong about the diameters . I am guessing that the larger one is 2.4 meters and the second one 1.6 meters in diameter. So what are we talking about dollar-wise here?”

I then asked you to PM me an offer and THIS IS YOUR RESPONSE? You are such a phony…please do not waste my time anymore!!! 

• Thanks 4

I didn't PM you I emailed you. And I explained that I am trapped up north now because of the coronavirus and told you what it might  cost to have them removed. And you seemed mad because I emailed you rather than sending you a message or making a post about how much I would pay you to remove those satellites which I can not contemplate buying because I can not return lakeside because of the Coronavirus

So I suggested to you what it would cost you to have them removed, Dennis. Oh and thank you for sending me your toll free 888  phone  I can call you on toll free while I am up in the states should I need to call/talk to you while you're in Mexico.

Here's hoping that the Coronavirus problem goes away soon. I might be able to come and possibly make an offer on one of those sat dishes, if they are in good shape and the proper size

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, johanson said:

I didn't PM you I emailed you. And I explained that I am trapped up north now because of the coronavirus and told you what it might  cost to have them removed. And you seemed mad because I emailed you rather than sending you a message or making a post about how much I would pay you to remove those satellites which I can not contemplate buying because I can not return lakeside because of the Coronavirus

So I suggested to you what it would cost you to have them removed, Dennis. Oh and thank you for sending me your toll free 888  phone  I can call you on toll free while I am up in the states should I need to call/talk to you while you're in Mexico.

Here's hoping that the Coronavirus problem goes away soon. I might be able to come and possibly make an offer on one of those sat dishes, if they are in good shape and the proper size

You clearly told gringohombre that you may want to buy them and asked for his price for that purpose, because he wants to sell them not pay to have them removed. Now you are refuting that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

You clearly told gringohombre that you may want to buy them and asked for his price for that purpose, because he wants to sell them not pay to have them removed. Now you are refuting that?

Yeah...he sent me a private email, and I have no idea where he got that address since I do not publish it anywhere; I asked him to PM me. Can someone get that information somehow from here? I did not send him my toll free number...it along with my address is attached to the bottom when I respond, and I responded to him to buzz off forgetting this feature on my private email. Very eerie!!!

8 hours ago, johanson said:

What restrictions are you talking about? People are flying into Mexico everyday from the US, and you are a legal resident of Mexico???

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Yeah...he sent me a private email, and I have no idea where he got that address since I do not publish it anywhere; I asked him to PM me. Can someone get that information somehow from here? I did not send him my toll free number...it along with my address is attached to the bottom when I respond, and I responded to him to buzz off forgetting this feature on my private email. Very eerie!!!

The mods have access to your email address.

Sounds like some confusion here, I would guess that Pete's comment about the removal cost had nothing to do with what he'd actually pay for the dish(es), which I'm sure he'd offer a fair value for.

Hope you guys can work it out to mutual benefit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Go Solar said:

Sounds like some confusion here, I would guess that Pete's comment about the removal cost had nothing to do with what he'd actually pay for the dish(es), which I'm sure he'd offer a fair value for.

Hope you guys can work it out to mutual benefit.

You need to read the exchanges more closely methinks. There is no confusion for several of us as to what Johanson has backtracked on and then attempt to deflect from criticism on his behaviour to gringohombre. From my experience,  said behaviour by him is not new. And that's all I'm going to say about his past behaviour.

Thank you for the pleasant words, Pedro. Yes I did backtrack, because of the Corona Virus, I am afraid to fly back until there is an anti-virus shot or the virus backs off.. Yea, I am probably a hypochondriac. and when I come back, I will be interested in an additional satellite dish, be it from gringohombre or someone else.

. And yes, I was kidding around with gringohombre when I told him what it would probably cost to have his two satellite dishes disposed of. The figures were based on what I was told it would cost to dispose of unwanted satellite dishes

And if I offended you gringohombre, I am sorry :) 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, johanson said:

Thank you for the pleasant words, Pedro. Yes I did backtrack, because of the Corona Virus, I am afraid to fly back until there is an anti-virus shot or the virus backs off.. Yea, I am probably a hypochondriac. and when I come back, I will be interested in an additional satellite dish, be it from gringohombre or someone else.

. And yes, I was kidding around with gringohombre when I told him what it would probably cost to have his two satellite dishes disposed of. The figures were based on what I was told it would cost to dispose of unwanted satellite dishes

And if I offended you gringohombre, I am sorry :) 

Yet more deflection.