Chapala.com Webboard

Cancelling a TIP from abroad

I emailed SAT/Aduana a week ago and they came back say YES you can cancel a TIP from abroad. The lady laid it out on how to do it. Step by step and it's very easy. I have attached a copy of the for you fill out. Then you send the form with the TIP including hologram, copy of passport, letter of extension of TIP, 1st year temp visa. Now there a 7 different categories that you can cancel a TIP under. In my case it is Vendido.  Also she explained I will get my deposit back as long as it's before my TIP expiry date. 463710918_TIPAnnex7.thumb.jpg.6ce8367c0f0afb158779cc44c26016b2.jpg

For the doom and gloom guys you maybe might want to brush up on your knowledge.  

• Thanks 1

While it is possible that way, many times it can take months or they lose your papers.  The consulates used to have programs for returning vehicles outside Mexico but no current dates with the virus.  

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Thanks for posting.  There have been many inquiry's over the years regarding this.  It would help everyone if you included the email address you used to contact Aduana. 

facilitacion@sat.gob.mx  

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Congrats and thanks for sharing detailed info.  

Your welcome Bisbee Gal.

I was tired of getting jumped on by the few jerks on this board that think they know it all. They should spend some time researching instead of being keyboard warriors insulting and being rude to others. It's so easy to be an asshole when you hide behind a keyboard.