Chapala.com Webboard

medicine required

The doctor has suggested a thyriod medicine for my daughter that is not available in Mexico but is available in the USA and Canada. I am also aware that it is difficult to get medicines through Mexican customs .Is there anyone at lakeside who maybe able to help me? I can provide a  prescription from a Mexican doctor. Or perhaps someone knows of  a web page where I can order it online. Thanks for your time.

First of all, Mexican prescriptions are accepted, at least in Canada.  I use Your Canada Drug Store to order a medicine for a type of leukemia.  I only use them because it is cheaper.  I first received three boxes of the medication through them (they are located in Winnipeg, Manitoba).  The first shipment came from India at much reduced cost.  However, the second time I tried I could not get from India due to Covid-19, however, did get the medication from Canada, albeit at much higher price.  Try their website at www.ycdscc.com.  By the way, the medication came in an unmarked box and did not appear to have problems at Mexican customs.  I must admit, the first time I ordered,  when the drugs were coming from India, I was worried that they might not arrive.  It took approximately one month to get here.  The second time from Canada it took approx. 3 weeks.  Good luck.

5 hours ago, ajijicbound said:

I had to change my medications when here. Changed to Eutriox for thyroid. Bloodtests in the US for my script in the US was changed every few months. Eutroix has been spot on for many years, no change in dose in Mex.

I have also found Eutriox satisfactory. Maybe get a 2nd opinion

9 hours ago, julia ajijic said:

a thyriod medicine for my daughter that is not available in Mexico

What is the name and / or generic name of the medication?

Don't assume it is not available - a lot of things are "available" readily, even that local Dr's do not know about.

Post it and you may be surprised at what you find out.

And the timing needed - people are flying back and forth and perhaps someone can carry it down.

• Like 2