Chapala.com Webboard

Checked Baggage ???

Flying from Atlanta to GDL  with a layover in MEX all flights on Aero Mex..Is there a need to retrieve our checked luggage in MEX and recheck it prior to GDL flight..Or does it go thru to Guad for pick up there???

1 minute ago, Tomas said:

Flying from Atlanta to GDL  with a layover in MEX all flights on Aero Mex..Is there a need to retrieve our checked luggage in MEX and recheck it prior to GDL flight..Or does it go thru to Guad for pick up there???

You will go through customs in Mexico not GDL  You will need to re-check luggage. 

That was why I posted the question...I have done it both ways...Just had immigration stamp our card and went to the departure gate ..no luggage rechecked..When flying thru Monterey they required the mile long walk to recheck luggage..We typically fly direct GDL via ATL, LAX,or SLC...

I only know that flying into the United States on the way from Guad to Seattle, that when I come to my first stop in the US, I have to retrieve and recheck my luggage at the first stop in the US. It's been that way for more than 20 years.

Sadly every time I fly back from the US to Guadalajara, once I fly into Mexico, my first and only stop is Guadalajara, so I don't know the answer to your question.

I've flown Aeromexico from Vancouver to Guadalajara via Mexico City a number of times and my bags always go through all the way through to Guadalajara. No fuss with them at MC. I always ask if my bags go through on their own when I check in in Vancouver.

After migration in Mexico City you can pick up your luggage go through customs and leave them on a transferband for transfers right after that.

But on an other trip it also happened no pickup was needed but suitcases were anyway checked (and opened if needed) in Mexico City for customs. If they do open the suitcase they they leave a note in the suitcase. So it changes every time.