Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Travel Game

Bisbee Gal

Luis Barragan House in Mexico City.  Nice tour, excellent gift shop.  

From http://www.casaluisbarragan.org/eng/en_index.html

Casa Luis Barragán, built in 1948, represents one of the most internationally transcendent works of contemporary architecture, as acknowledged by the UNESCO when included in their 2004 World Heritage list. It is the only individual property in Latin America to have achieved such a distinct honor, being — as stated by the UNESCO itself — a master piece in the development of the modern movement that merges traditional and vernacular elements, as well as diverse philosophical and artistic currents throughout time, into a new synthesis. Luis Barragán’s influence in global architecture is still in constant growth; and his house, faithfully kept just the way it was when inhabited by its author until his death in 1988, is one of the most visited sites in Mexico City by architects and art connoisseurs from around the world. This museum, which encloses its creator’s residency and studio, is property of the Government of the State of Jalisco and the Fundación de Arquitectura Tapatía Luis Barragán.

Photo was taken from our rental on del Tecolote.  This was the street that Hidalgo and the Mexican troops came down in 1810 to rout the Spanish.

Tecolote ends at Puente Campanero (bridge of the bell ringer).

The closest iglesia is Temple de San Franciso. To the left you can see the Basilica, and the University of Guanajuato (yellow), both in the distance.  In the center distance you can see the Jesuit Temple.  I think you can also see the Iglesia de San Diego, just barely left of and closer than the University.

The view is looking north from the base of the same hill as la Pipila.

You are probably thinking you can just guess Guanajuato for most of the  photos I post.  I haven't traveled Mexico that much; maining visiting Guanajuato.

38 minutes ago, Izzenhood said:

Photo was taken from our rental on del Tecolote.  This was the street that Hidalgo and the Mexican troops came down in 1810 to rout the Spanish.

Tecolote ends at Puente Campanero (bridge of the bell ringer).

The closest iglesia is Temple de San Franciso. To the left you can see the Basilica, and the University of Guanajuato (yellow), both in the distance.  In the center distance you can see the Jesuit Temple.  I think you can also see the Iglesia de San Diego, just barely left of and closer than the University.

The view is looking north from the base of the same hill as la Pipila.

You are probably thinking you can just guess Guanajuato for most of the  photos I post.  I haven't traveled Mexico that much; maining visiting Guanajuato.

You can't do much better than GTO.

12 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Casa del Alfeñique  Puebla ??

Yes!  So-named because alfenique = meringue.   It now houses a regional museum depicting how an upper class family would have lived in Puebla.  It was damaged in a 2017 earthquake but has been repaired and renovated.  

4 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Mine tour in Zacatecas.  

Yes.  Mina el Eden.  A huge silver mine which operated until 1960.  Now there is a mall and nightclub inside, plus a tour of course.

The tour is well worthwhile.  You enter the portal via the man trip pictured, walk by the nightclub, then along the main vein for what seems like a mile, then exit via a different portal.   Near this second portal you can catch the tranvía aéreo up to La Bufa where you have a great view of the city.

http://en.travelbymexico.com/zacatecas/places-to-visit/?nom=kzaceleden

• Thanks 1

Hints:  Side view of a Capilla which is surrounded by a Sunday market, in a town known for Mezcal.  The market is named for a former Governor of the state.

16th century Dominican church, whose chapel is known for its ornate Baroque decoration and a crucifix to which have been ascribed many miracles.

I know this is a tough one.  Would like the town and state.

If you want to skip this one and post another  photo I'll be back with the answer shortly.

20 hours ago, Izzenhood said:

Donde?

IMG_20190106_134950041_HDR.jpg

I was afraid this one would be too difficult.

Capilla del Señor de Tlacolula.... Church of "La Asunción de Nuestra Señora"

16th century Dominican church, whose chapel is known for its ornate Baroque decoration and a crucifix to which have been ascribed many miracle. Tlacolula, Oaxaca, Mexico.

It's surrounded by one of the oldest markets markets in central-america; the Martin Guzman Mercado Municipal in Tlacolula Matamoros, Oaxaco.