Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Travel Game

Bisbee Gal

Recently there's hardly been a thread in Mexico General that deals with Mexico Generally. 

Want to try this travel game?

Someone posts a picture taken in Mexico and it remains there until someone guesses it.  After a correct guess, anyone else can post a picture that will remain until someone guesses it.  

Just ONE picture.  No hints.  

Sorry, no prizes. 

I'll start.  Where was this picture taken?

mex3.JPG

Bingo!  I'd have settled for just the city 😉  

Izamal is known as La Ciudad Amarilla because of its many yellow buildings.  It's a small town yet Pope John Paul II visited their Basilica in 1993.  

We were there in 2010 and and it was a delightful visit.. 

Sayula?   Where they make the Ojeda knives?

Though the colorful canopy in the 2nd image reminds one of that great area in Old Vegas.....which is also about 2 hours....you didn't mention flying or driving!   😉

OK, Lost, you have already broken two of the rules..... the only two!   No hints and only one picture.  You're going to get disqualified forever, for sure... and you won't get the prize that doesn't exist!  😏

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RickS said:

OK, Lost, you have already broken two of the rules..... the only two!   No hints and only one picture.  You're going to get disqualified forever, for sure... and you won't get the prize that doesn't exist!  😏

For well known tourist towns rules make sense. For the routes less traveled more is needed.

La Piedad is under 2 hours.   

BTW, the idea of the game is to keep it moving.  It shouldn't turn into Twenty Questions.  Nor is it Stump the Band.  Time limit for correct answer is 4-6 hours, then we move on.  

Try less obscure locale next time.  With 1 photo.    

https://www.waze.com/es/livemap/directions?utm_expid=.K6QI8s_pTz6FfRdYRPpI3A.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.waze.com%2Flivemap%2Fdirections%2Fmexico%2Fmichoacan-de-ocampo%2Fla-piedad%2Fsapas%3Fplace%3Dw.169083084.1690634227.13205227&to=place.ChIJ-3lXMAEfLIQRHGs6D2y4f34&from=place.ChIJt0wfd7FAL4QRU3_YZxtywXM&time=now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

La Piedad is under 2 hours.   

BTW, the idea of the game is to keep it moving.  It shouldn't turn into Twenty Questions.  Nor is it Stump the Band.  Time limit for correct answer is 4-6 hours, then we move on.  

Try less obscure locale next time.  With 1 photo.    

https://www.waze.com/es/livemap/directions?utm_expid=.K6QI8s_pTz6FfRdYRPpI3A.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.waze.com%2Flivemap%2Fdirections%2Fmexico%2Fmichoacan-de-ocampo%2Fla-piedad%2Fsapas%3Fplace%3Dw.169083084.1690634227.13205227&to=place.ChIJ-3lXMAEfLIQRHGs6D2y4f34&from=place.ChIJt0wfd7FAL4QRU3_YZxtywXM&time=now

Easy. Didn't mean to offend. I've never made it to La Piedad that fast.

Not an obscure town. But I'll end it

Etzatlan..... in it's day a very important town with one of Mexico's most productive silver mines. And a lot of history. Interesting museums.  Now a large agricultural center for corn.  

9 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Thanks,  I will research Ezatlan (or is it Etzatlan...spellcheck wants me to use that?).  What the heck was the Guiness record??  

It´s Etzatlán, not Ezatlan,  between Magdalena and Ameca.

I´m sure we can all come up with obscure places that no one would ever guess, I know I can.  LOL

Typed too quick. Etzatlan. Not just a town but a municipality as well. 

Guinness record: The largest crochet canopy measures 2,832.98 m² (30,493.9 ft²) and was achieved by Maria Concepcion Siordia Godinez (Mexico) in Municipio Etzatlan, Jalisco, Mexico, on 4 October 2019. (in one of the pics)

Was where the RR spur ended to pick up the silver from one of the largest silver mines in Mexico. Home for many years of archaeologist Phil Weigand who excavated Guachimontones.  Nice museum near the square displaying shaft tombs, Museum in the  train station as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Etzatlan. Not just a town but a municipality as well.  Nice museum near the square displaying shaft tombs, 

Damn I have been there several times but did not recognize the fotos.  And yes the museum near the square is really worth the time.  The guide there that I had was blind and he walked me thru the entire museum never missing a beat.  The stories and displays of the antiquos (ancients) were fascinating.  A great experience.  I want to go back now and I hope he is still there.  His history was that he was working in Calif and one weekend had some problems so he drank Tequila to excess, went to the hospital, fell into a coma, and then woke up blind.  Super nice guy.  There are many great pueblos in that area.  Thanks for sharing.