Chapala.com Webboard

Must watch - Dr. Richard Bartlett - Found simple solution to Covid

Zeb

He's a crackpot.  A wannabe Congress candidate who lost due to his wackiness. Has had issues in past with Texas Board of Medicine.  Posts about what he said have been REMOVED from FB for violating policies on spreading MISINFORMATION on Covid.  Wish there were similar policies on webboards; it this type of crap that results in people ending up in ERs for taking crap that crackpots push online.  

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Wilson-No-benefit-using-inhaled-steroids-for-15390142.php

After an Odessa doctor said in recent media interviews he believes he’s found the “silver bullet” for treating COVID-19, Midland Memorial’s chief medical officer disputed that claim, saying there’s no evidence the treatment offers any benefit to coronavirus patients.

Dr. Richard Bartlett, a family medicine doctor in Odessa, has said in multiple interviews with broadcast and radio stations that he’s treated dozens of COVID-19 patients with an inhaled form of budesonide, which is often used to treat asthma.

Dr. Richard Bartlett, a family medicine doctor in Odessa, has said in multiple interviews with broadcast and radio stations that he’s treated dozens of COVID-19 patients with an inhaled form of budesonide, which is often used to treat asthma.

Most recently, Bartlett was interviewed Friday for the YouTube show “America, Can We Talk?” In that interview, he said early intervention with budesonide was the key to surviving the coronavirus and likened the drug to a silver bullet.

Those who have shared the interview on Facebook are having it removed for violating the platform’s policies regarding misinformation on coronavirus, according to commenters on the YouTube video.

Bartlett made several claims in the video which are demonstrably false, including that 20 percent of the world’s population is at risk of dying from COVID-19 and that Japan and other countries have low numbers of coronavirus infections because they are using inhaled steroids.

Odessa Regional Medical Center’s chief medical officer also addressed budesonide treatment in a report from KOSA-TV. Dr. Rohith Saravanan said blind, controlled studies, rather than anecdotal evidence, are needed to prove any effectiveness.

“If they say, ‘Oh, five cases, all solved. Magic pill. Silver bullet’ – well, that’s not how science works,” he said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, when we don't agree, we Censor and call it misinformation.  I wonder who the final authority is on what's true....and what's false or inconvenient.  I don't know what's true.  I do know I don't believe in censorship.

They do this in communist countries. Government decides what's true and what gets told.  So, some are all okay with that.  I am not.  I think people need to make their own decisions.

• Sad 2

Yes, of course, it should not be political, but when someone wants to ban information they don't agree with, then it's censorship. I don't agree with censoring someone's opinion or experience, even if I don't agree with it.

A lot of things treat symptoms.  This is what medicine typically does unfortunately.  Steroids are used for many different illnesses and disorder.  Ideally, we want to be healthy to begin with and not need any of those pharmaceuticals.  After all cures, mean no money is being made. 

I posted that I thought it might be helpful and potentially some good news.

Also, I think anecdotal evidence has value.  Sometimes it isn't necessary to spend a bunch of money on studies and wait for people do die in the meantime.

5 hours ago, Zeb said:

Yes, of course, it should not be political, but when someone wants to ban information they don't agree with, then it's censorship. I don't agree with censoring someone's opinion or experience, even if I don't agree with it.

Censoring someone's opinion or experience isn't the issue. It's when someone presents themselves as some sort of expert and makes claims that aren't backed up by any legitimate scientific studies or peer reviews that it's dangerous to put the information out there publicly.

Presenting anecdotal evidence isn't a problem if it's just using something that is innocuous and can't harm you even if it doesn't work, like using tea tree oil on a fungus infection, or baking soda on something. But pushing pharmaceutical medications, which could have dangerous side effects and would be contraindicated if you might be taking other medications, or have certain medical conditions, is something that has to be checked for scientific accuracy before being presented to the public. That's not censorship, that's making sure people don't harm themselves.

• Thanks 3