Chapala.com Webboard

Ear wax build up Lakeside

This is my second time around living in Lake Chapala. The first time was two years ago and I suffered from major allergy problems in the summer.  This year I move back at the beginning of April and I’ve had no allergy problems whatsoever however every day I am noticing the inside of my ears itch a little bit and they are secreting a little earwax which I have to clean daily.  I’m wondering if this has anything to do with the altitude but I cannot find anything online regarding this.  Was wondering if anyone else has this issue and any recommendations?  It is not a significant amount, my ears are not blocked. My hearing is fine but every morning I have to clean the inside of my ears which I’ve never had to do before in my entire life. 

Two weeks before you go to see the doctor go to the pharmacy and get some oil, not sure of the brand name,  follow the directions on the bottle. It will soften the wax  build up so that when the Dr syringes you’re ears it will wash out easily. Get both done at the same time, you shouldn’t have any issues with balance...

I don't know what might cause this, maybe an allergy? but you could try cleaning your ears with a little hydrogen peroxide. I think the oil the above poster is suggesting is glycerina.  Going to a doctor to get your ears cleaned sounds like a bit of overkill.

I have had my ears cleaned two times in Chapala.  One Dr cleaned both at once the other Dr said it was better to do only one at a time in case of balance problems. I think the one at a time Dr  was the better Dr or maybe he just wanted to collect more fees. 

My husband had this problem.  He went to Dr. Rodriguez at Hospital Ajijic.  The doctor sent him home to put oil in his ear for a few days to soften the wax and then cleaned out his ear.  We had thought that he needed hearing aids but all it was was wax.  Never had a balance problem before or after.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Upfront said:

sorry but you are the true definition of a web troll. cant keep your mouth shut can you. if nothing nice to say buzz off

Well...what are your creds on the ear wax thing?    It's a fair question.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have dealt with ear wax build up forever.  I have owned 5 different miniature cameras.  The last one I bought is excellent.

It links up with a smart phone, and works perfectly.  I use the miniature snap on tool and physically clean my ears.

If you are not comfortable inserting a tool into your ear, then don't do it.  You can still use the camera and see whats going

on in there.

And be warned, you can hurt your eardrum if you mess up.

https://www.amazon.com/BEBIRD-Wireless-Otoscope-Waterproof-Endoscope/dp/B0854FPJ1P/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2YLUXPK5GAO2F&dchild=1&keywords=bebird&qid=1595952456&sprefix=bebir%2Caps%2C895&sr=8-10

Some of us do get dizzy sometimes after having ears cleaned.  Every body is different and I tend to get dizzy so it does effect some of us that way but I guess its rare. I can also get dizzy sitting in a dentists chair with head at certain angles.  A few years ago I started cleaning my ears with a diluted Hydrogen peroxide solution and since no problems.