Chapala.com Webboard

New Microsoft Edge

1 hour ago, southernguy said:

It's good, I run it on a couple of old laptops with Win 7 and one with Windows 10 better than Google Chrome but I still prefer Brave browser.

Gee thanks for the heads up on Bravo.  Just downloaded it on my Samsung tablet and it is muy cool y rapido.  I'll give it a try for a few days.

3 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

This is not a tech forum, especially not the lakeside / Guad section.     Please find a tech forum somewhere,  you are diluting the value of this resource.

Can’t you just skip over the thread if it is not of interest to you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Hey, we can go tech, here, Xena, I used to write Tech Talk for the Guadalajara Reporter for maybe 10 years. Trouble is, I have not yet downloaded the new Windows 11, I'm still using that older Windows 10 operating system that came out in July 2015. It gets worse, when Windows 8 came out so did the Windows Edge Browser (it came out in October-November  2013) and I am still using that old browse (Internet Explorer 11 not Edge. So my tech info is way outdated, But I can make things up

So Let's go tech

7 hours ago, johanson said:

Slainte and I are talking about The Other third Board which these days is kind of boring :)  We get a new post there at least once a month, and sometimes once per week.

Pete, if you weren't watching you may have missed this.   https://www.mexconnect.com/forums/General_C1/General_Forum_F1/MexConnect_-_Time_to_embrace_change_P212270/

Unfortunately Pete knows that as he is a Moderator of sorts there.  I think that slainte39 was actually speaking of the other local Board... you know, Bob's Board....as Computer Guy does not post on the soon to be disbanded Mexconnect.com forum.

13 hours ago, virgo lady said:

This is not a tech forum, especially not the lakeside / Guad section.     Please find a tech forum somewhere,  you are diluting the value of this resource.

I do not see any difference between asking here  which browser to use and which solar panel to use or which appliance, cigar, medicine. mask, butter  (etc) 

why is research  on one  subject more valuable  than other? :rolleyes:

Technology is important part of our lives wherever we live.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, johanson said:

Hey, we can go tech, here, Xena, I used to write Tech Talk for the Guadalajara Reporter for maybe 10 years. Trouble is, I have not yet downloaded the new Windows 11, I'm still using that older Windows 10 operating system that came out in July 2015. It gets worse, when Windows 8 came out so did the Windows Edge Browser (it came out in October-November  2013) and I am still using that old browse (Internet Explorer 11 not Edge. So my tech info is way outdated, But I can make things up

So Let's go tech

I have no problem with tech talk anywhere since no matter where we are living tech is a very important part of our lives. None of us is living without it. However, there are only two TOBs, this one and the other one. This is true no matter which board you are on at the time. The third board is one you seem to have decided  to resurrect from its boredom induced coma by pretending it is in the same league as the two TOBs. It is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, johanson said:

Slainte and I are talking about The Other third Board which these days is kind of boring :)  We get a new post there at least once a month, and sometimes once per week.

Sorry Pete, I don´t know any "third board" or what you are talking about.  Is that the one next to the Western Union Telegraph office? I know Western Union is looking for "tech" help, maybe you could apply there.

1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

Sorry Pete, I don´t know any "third board" or what you are talking about.  Is that the one next to the Western Union Telegraph office? I know Western Union is looking for "tech" help, maybe you could apply there.

Don't you remember David McLaughlin  and     mexconnect.com/ It was the most active forum here many years ago. Now,  we are the most active  here. We have many posts each day and Mexconnect got up 2 posts during the last 24 hours and that is a record high in the last several years.

Left click on David's name, it will bring back many memories from the past.   

Leftclick the next link to see the very old forum;        https://www.mexconnect.com/forums/?t=search_engine

8 hours ago, Islander said:

I do not see any difference between asking here  which browser to use and which solar panel to use or which appliance, cigar, medicine. mask, butter  (etc) 

why is research  on one  subject more valuable  than other? :rolleyes:

Technology is important part of our lives wherever we live.

It is different, because all the other items (which I agree with you about) are specific to this area.     So relevant to this forum.   

Otherwise, the lakeside local forum can be used for any topic.   

How about we start a thread here on favorite books, movies, constellations in the sky, colours, etc?

It dilutes the intent and the value of this part of the board.         

The rare exception is OK, like the humour thread, as everyone seems to like it, & I heartily support and contribute to it as well.

9 hours ago, RickS said:

Unfortunately Pete knows that as he is a Moderator of sorts there.  I think that slainte39 was actually speaking of the other local Board... you know, Bob's Board....as Computer Guy does not post on the soon to be disbanded Mexconnect.com

Just to clarify - only the forums on MexConnect are being "disbanded."

The bulk of MexConnect.com (currently 3700 articles and 8000+ photos) is being relocated to a brand-new platform. We are making good progress with the move and will be launching the new platform within the next few weeks. Thanks!

• Like 2

I realize the Mexconnect forum has to go away, but darn I am going to miss going there and very very occasionally, maybe once every month or two, binge able read a post and answer it if someone hadn't already.