Chapala.com Webboard

Reverse prejudice and my stupidity.

Here is where my prejudice came in. I have used the same auto mechanic for 12-years. Honest, more than fair pricing, etc. I never ask him how much a job will be, and sometimes feel embarrassed at how low his price is so I give him more.

My "prejudice" was, even with all my complaining, and having been ripped off by vets, dentists,  attorneys, and one government employee, I expected this one-man shop to be honest like my mechanic.

My current problem: I took a piece of equipment into a shop for repair. I told the guy to check it and tell me what's wrong. He called and said it was fixed and ready.

I picked it up and paid.

Got home and found he had done nothing other than replace a starter rope (gas generator). Same problem existed. The biggest problem was that I thought it was fixed and so when I pulled the cord to start it, it kicked back, tearing the ligament in one of my fingers. Will take 2 weeks to mend.I was not expecting it.

I went back and said I wanted my $$ back and explained why. He laughed.

Hope this helps someone.

End of story.

PLEASE send any snarky comments to me in PM and I will answer w/courtesy and diplomacy.

• Sad 1

OK, I am convinced. Yes, I am a fool and stupid for posting things I believe will be of interest and/or help to people Lakeside.

No more.

I will ask questions, but only after I have tried to research.

Just as "you" can't deal w/me, I have the same feeling about many of the members here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OK this has gotten too personal.  closed.  Last post deleted because we should respect the Private in Private Message.  

Eric you obviously aren't getting the desired results with these posts and threads so, yes, it is a good idea to refrain from them.