Chapala.com Webboard

If you married an alien and think she/he will get any of your Social Security Benefits when you die - -

They need to get a permanent residency visa (green card)  and then live in the US 181 days a year for 5 years. 

Similar requirement of permanent residency for benefits from living spouse. If not permanent then 1 month of every 6 months in the USA to receive marital benefits. 

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

They need to get a permanent residency visa (green card)  and then live in the US 181 days a year for 5 years. 

Similar requirement of permanent residency for benefits from living spouse. If not permanent then 1 month of every 6 months in the USA to receive marital benefits. 

You're right. Butt chances are slim to none, and what if the surviving spouse doesn't want to live in the U.S.

Butt all is not lost, the money the surviving spouse will go to my less than favorite Uncle.

7 hours ago, johanson said:

I heard that she left you greengo. At least that is what they posted on another board. She went shopping and she will be back

Not me. I do not know why you keep bringing up TOB and me. I could care less about them...good riddance to bigoted garbage! However, maybe the aliens have landed up in your neck of the woods and are setting up "Seperate Countries"!!! Be careful.

1 hour ago, johanson said:

I said another board, I did not say  Inside lakeside.  Don't you ever go to Mex connect?  Do a search there and you will see what they are saying. Really

Pete, I wondered what you were going to do with all of your free time when your MexConnect moderator job went away. I guess this is it, huh? When is that board supposed to be taken down?

My husband married an alien and yes I could get his social security when he dies but I will not want it because it is lower than mine... Ha ha.. SS told me do not forget to claim your husband SS if he dies.. and I said no thank I l keeep what I get and they told me then he can claim yours if you die first.

5 hours ago, johanson said:

I heard that she left you greengo. At least that is what they posted on another board.

Well if you read it on a board, it must be true except for the fact that isn't true. She is here, happy and healtby.

3 hours ago, mattoleriver said:

Pete, I wondered what you were going to do with all of your free time when your MexConnect moderator job went away. I guess this is it, huh? When is that board supposed to be taken down?

I was told that https://www.mexconnect.com/   was going away several years ago. But is still there.

8 hours ago, johanson said:

Where is here?. I am in Seattle and who is happy and healthy?

Chapala.

Yes, I should have been clear.

I was also denied the stimulus because my didn't live in the u.s. or have a  SS number 

Nice

36 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

Chapala.

Yes, I should have been clear.

I was also denied the stimulus because my didn't live in the u.s. or have a  SS number 

Nice

A non permanent resident spouse with a SS number will also trigger the non payment of stimulus to the citizen. 

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

A non permanent resident spouse with a SS number will also trigger the non payment of stimulus to the citizen. 

I When I researched the stimulus law, it said if a spouse has a TIN  number rather than a SS number, nothing for his/her spouse.

So if you marry a non-U.S. resident, who never lived in the U.S., you get nothing if your children are born outside of the U.S.

My wife has never lived or worked in the U.S. Only has a visa to visit family, there.

Seems sort of shi**y to me.

There is a Class Action pending on that point now.

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Pete, did you forget to take some meds? 🤣

Gosh Rick I just got up this Saturday morning and read all the stupid posts I made above.  Please forgive me folks.  But when I read greengohombre's posts I can't help myself :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I When I researched the stimulus law, it said if a spouse has a TIN  number rather than a SS number, nothing for his/her spouse.

So if you marry a non-U.S. resident, who never lived in the U.S., you get nothing if your children are born outside of the U.S.

My wife has never lived or worked in the U.S. Only has a visa to visit family, there.

Seems sort of shi**y to me.

There is a Class Action pending on that point now.

The clause applies to spouses who do not have a PERMANENT RESIDENT visa... SS number or TIN is the same. ...

My wife has an SS number, receives SS benefits, even has US credit cards and an investment account. She does not have a PERMANENT RESIDENT visa. 

We are both disqualified.  I have verified this with the IRS and my congressman's office.