Chapala.com Webboard

WALMART San Antonio

On 7/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, joco69 said:

I never would  carry cash, just a small amount for small stuff, neither would I use an ATM at public location like WM, better safe than sorry.

Using credit cards is no more risky than using cash or an ATM. If using cash you'll never get the correct change because employees are not trained to count the change, especially Walmart. Even using it for gasoline I get 4 or 5% rebate, down here that can easily be 20¢ a gallon  In the states I will always drive a few miles to get fuel for 20¢ per gallon less money.  I get a cell phone SMS alert every time there is a charge on the account. I also like the 2-3% rebate for using the card for other purchases. You do have to be cognizant to retrieve your card. Plus with the credit card I always get a better exchange rate than you'll get at an ATM. I had rather have the US bank on my side fighting a fraudulent charge on a credit charge than the Mexican bank who had given me $200's instead of $500s.

• Like 1

I have many credit cards. Depends which ones I use is where I am. I,e. I have cards which gives double airline miles  another 2x at restaurants. I have one which gives me 4x for every dollar to be used at certain hotels. My Bancomer payed me points which as mention above gives points which I use like money. So when the airlines are up and flying I can travel and stay at hotels free just for buying stuff I would normally buy. Last year just at Costco I spent over $25000.00 dollars. That is a lot of miles. 

Why leave money on the table by paying with debit or cash. 

• Like 1