Chapala.com Webboard

Police are ticketing in SAT now

Again, I don't even know why I try:

Lakeside7 said about cops asking drivers for proof of insurance:

"Why should they..What about your emission sticker? ...Or has that one in limbo???again

I said:

"So you are saying that an emission sticker is more important than insurance coverage?"  

I happen to think that it is much more important for drivers to have at least minimum liability insurance than an emission sticker. If I am in a bad accident caused by a driver without insurance and get a life threatening injury, I surely don't expect the cop to be looking for his/her emission sticker....and most likely that person will be out of there anyway. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be a new motorcycle policeperson in SAT.  She/he was giving a ticket to a person for driving the wrong way down Jesus Garcia yesterday.  I have never seen a traffic person in SAT but he

If you don't live in lower SAT then you probably don't give a good GD how we get in and out of town. There is no light at Super lake and from there to go West on the Carretera incurres a dangerous man

Jalisco transportation law articles 44,46 section III and 69 requires liability insurance.  Federal law requires liability insurance on federal roadways. 

Jalisco now requires insurance.  I don't know if they are checking for it when a cop stops you.

I haven't seen anything that indicates the emissions program is in general operation.  They were supposedly testing it with government vehicles.

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

speak for yourself!!!

But Upfront was speaking for us. So it was appropriate to use the word we.

I want to add that you are so entertaining, greengo. We just love reading your R.  ………………………...

Please, keep on posting. :) :) 

1 hour ago, johanson said:

But Upfront was speaking for us. So it was appropriate to use the word we.

I want to add that you are so entertaining, greengo. We just love reading your R.  ………………………...

Please, keep on posting. :) :) 

So its B.......... to be concerned about the insurance requirements here? As a  confirmed Conservative, I believe in limited government, however it's first and foremost duty is the protection of THE PEOPLE! I would think that you and others of your persuasion would also be concerned more about that, and not focused so much on emission stickers!!!

And how on God's Green Earth can one poster here speak for this whole board???  Do we not believe in DIVERSITY!!!

Greengo, we are not supposed to talk politics here. It is one of the rules of the Chapala Forum.

And I do love reading most of your non-political posts be they  Real,  Red or Republican or whatever you are suggesting.

But I would almost never say that they are Boring