Chapala.com Webboard

Police are ticketing in SAT now

There seems to be a new motorcycle policeperson in SAT.  She/he was giving a ticket to a person for driving the wrong way down Jesus Garcia yesterday.  I have never seen a traffic person in SAT but he was new and is going to be policing the streets......wrong way drivers, parking on the wrong side of the street (on one-way streets parking is only on the left side), etc.  I have been going the wrong way on La Bandera for years - not any more!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I saw that guy out there yesterday too.  If anyone here gets nabbed, let us all know if he tried the shakedown.

Lord knows there are so many legitimate traffic violations around here to keep a half dozen of them busy full time.

And those San Antonio traffic lights are causing massive backups around mid day in both directions.  Wednesday at 12:30 was backed up all the way to Mirasol and backed up in the other direction onto the libramiento.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

I saw that guy out there yesterday too.  If anyone here gets nabbed, let us all know if he tried the shakedown.

Lord knows there are so many legitimate traffic violations around here to keep a half dozen of them busy full time.

And those San Antonio traffic lights are causing massive backups around mid day in both directions.  Wednesday at 12:30 was backed up all the way to Mirasol and backed up in the other direction onto the libramiento.

Relax about the traffic tie ups. I about a week, you will suddenly find the streets mostly empty and driving on them a breeze. Yeeha!

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Actually backed up to 7-11 in Riberas. I think recent construction threw the lights out of wack.  I thought "there must be another accident on the libramiento"

7 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

I suspect those traffic lights are more about getting people in SAT from the north side of town to the south than traffic flow. When I lived in Colorado, our County had only one stoplight in the whole county. That was so that folks in Empire could get from one side of town to the other during ski season.

I go back and forth between Santa Cruz and Ajijic quite a bit and I have noticed a lot more "Ticketing" activity (Vial Trucks, Motorcycle Transitos, etc) in Chapala and Ajijic in last few weeks that I havent seen in years. On several parts of Hildago, Libramiento, Chapala-Mezcala, and near Soriana. I was wondering what was up.

8 hours ago, MtnMama said:

I suspect those traffic lights are more about getting people in SAT from the north side of town to the south than traffic flow. When I lived in Colorado, our County had only one stoplight in the whole county. That was so that folks in Empire could get from one side of town to the other during ski season.

Funny though when CFE was redoing the power over there and they were off for extended periods, traffic flowed smoothly through there at the times that are now badly backed up and people didn't seem to be having any problem getting out of the side streets onto the carretera.  I was going through there at the same times (picking up and dropping off our maid) and the jams started anew when the power came back on.

IMO they are simply not set up right, particularly the one on the west end.

The light on the East (top of Jesus Garcia one way going North) is absolutely essential to us in lower SAT. If not there we would have major problems (and accident risks)  trying to turn left (West) onto the Carretera. Also the one the East side allows entry the other way (South) into town. Both essential in my humble opinion. 

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

The light on the East (top of Jesus Garcia one way going North) is absolutely essential to us in lower SAT. If not there we would have major problems (and accident risks)  trying to turn left (West) onto the Carretera. Also the one the East side allows entry the other way (South) into town. Both essential in my humble opinion. 

Yet traffic moves smoother and no one has a problem when the lights are out.  Same goes for Ajijic central. When they put them on intermittent, traffic is much smoother. Less wait time entering from side streets as well. In SAT I have no problem entering from Super Lake and it would be easier without the traffic light back ups. 

On 7/9/2020 at 1:53 PM, CalGal said:

There seems to be a new motorcycle policeperson in SAT.  She/he was giving a ticket to a person for driving the wrong way down Jesus Garcia yesterday.  I have never seen a traffic person in SAT but he was new and is going to be policing the streets......wrong way drivers, parking on the wrong side of the street (on one-way streets parking is only on the left side), etc.  I have been going the wrong way on La Bandera for years - not any more!!!!!

A good place for Police would be the exit from Walmart, too many drivers turn to the left which is dangerous for the rest of us!

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Yet traffic moves smoother and no one has a problem when the lights are out.  Same goes for Ajijic central. When they put them on intermittent, traffic is much smother. Less wait time entering from side streets as well. In SAT I have no problem entering from Super Lake and it would be easier without the traffic light back ups. 

If you don't live in lower SAT then you probably don't give a good GD how we get in and out of town. There is no light at Super lake and from there to go West on the Carretera incurres a dangerous maneuver. Suggest you go East on the lateral to the light to make a safer exit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, chicamysterious said:

I go back and forth between Santa Cruz and Ajijic quite a bit and I have noticed a lot more "Ticketing" activity (Vial Trucks, Motorcycle Transitos, etc) in Chapala and Ajijic in last few weeks that I havent seen in years. On several parts of Hildago, Libramiento, Chapala-Mezcala, and near Soriana. I was wondering what was up.

I understand from one of my local sources that they are checking for stolen cars and check if its  carrying an Insurance.