Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Deliveries w/o Face Masks

In our block in Ajijic Amazon has made 3 deliveries in the last 7 days and not once did the driver have a face mask on when arriving at the door to deliver a package.  Two days ago I stopped him on the street in front of my neighbors house to ask why no mask, he told me he has just finished lunch in his truck and forgot to put it on.  Yesterday he made a delivery at my house and a worker received the package, same man, no mask.  Unfortunately I was not there to snap his photo .. Does anyone have contact info for Amazon.. in the US I had a contact phone number that was invaluable in getting action on any problem with Amazon .. here I can't even find an email address, let alone a phone number..

Amazon uses contractors for delivery like Fedex, Pacifico,DHL and some local delivery services. There is no such thing as an Amazon company delivery truck and they have no control over these contractor drivers and how they behave. Why waste your time stewing over something which is out of your and Amazon's control. I'm just happy to get timely delivery to my door of which there has been plenty for  the last couple of months. I am on an Amazon binge. Another delivery this coming Sunday by Pacifico.

pedro kertesz

• Like 4

Yesterday Global gas came to fill my empty gas tank neither one were wearing masks and did not have any in truck, as I was desperate I let them fill my tank, then made him do credit card charge out side and put receipt on table in entrance hall for me to sign, after I went bank in house he brought card and receipts back in ,so I had very little contact with them ...I also wash card with water...

5 minutes ago, we had a delivery from Amazon.com by FedEx, plain white van.  No mask on driver.  He had an N95 mask and a blue cloth type hanging from the inside mirror.  I asked him why he isn't wearing a mask, he just shrugged his shoulders.   This isn't the fault of Amazon, it is a FedEx problem.  

5 hours ago, Tingting said:

Better still, wear yours.

No, that's not "better". The mask protects the wearer from others not nearly as much as it protects others from you. Those delivery guys go all over the place and likely don't social distance with their buddies. 

And instead of telling others not to be "mask nazis", go about your business the way you see fit- it isn't your affair to tell others whether they should require anyone who comes on their property to wear a mask.

• Confused 1

And you go about yours...since it's clear you don't "get" it, let me make this clear:  if you don't feel comfortable around these folks, fine, that's absolutely your right. But to get your knickers in a twist and nearly beat yourself to death in a race to report everyone for their infractions, well... Yes, I think it's being a mask nazi. You're not going to change my mind any more than I am going to change yours. I wear the mask. I respect distances, but I'm not about to report everyone for every single infraction that I see. It's not a case of being ignorant, reckless, or whatever other insult you want to throw. I just happen to believe that adults can think for themselves, but it appears that you don't. And I might add that I'm not telling others what they should do...you are by joining in the choruses of "She's not wearing a mask in 'X' store!!!!!" 

""The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tingting said:

I just happen to believe that adults can think for themselves, but it appears that you don't.

The adults who refuse to wear masks or distance aren't "thinking."

If you saw a someone driving erratically, weaving all over the place, almost hitting pedestrians and forcing them to jump out of the way, would you have the attitude that the the driver can think for themselves and it's none of your business, or would you consider that he was endangering public safety? It's exactly the same thing.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:35 AM, Ajijic4me said:

In our block in Ajijic Amazon has made 3 deliveries in the last 7 days and not once did the driver have a face mask on when arriving at the door to deliver a package.  Two days ago I stopped him on the street in front of my neighbors house to ask why no mask, he told me he has just finished lunch in his truck and forgot to put it on.  Yesterday he made a delivery at my house and a worker received the package, same man, no mask.  Unfortunately I was not there to snap his photo .. Does anyone have contact info for Amazon.. in the US I had a contact phone number that was invaluable in getting action on any problem with Amazon .. here I can't even find an email address, let alone a phone number..

Why would you get involved with this, its the driver's business and it actually might be Amazon's rules.

I noticed since we got the chines virus that most deliveries are handled without signature now and they just leave the package outside the entrance after you identify yourself as the person they have on the delivery list. Most drivers do not wear a mask.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:29 PM, ibarra said:

5 minutes ago, we had a delivery from Amazon.com by FedEx, plain white van.  No mask on driver.  He had an N95 mask and a blue cloth type hanging from the inside mirror.  I asked him why he isn't wearing a mask, he just shrugged his shoulders.   This isn't the fault of Amazon, it is a FedEx problem.  

Actually the package you receive is more dangerous than the guy who delivers it with or without mask. Its important to hand wash well after opening delivery packages and disposing of them, it might have gone through many unwashed hands!

6 hours ago, mudgirl said:

The adults who refuse to wear masks or distance aren't "thinking."

If you saw a someone driving erratically, weaving all over the place, almost hitting pedestrians and forcing them to jump out of the way, would you have the attitude that the the driver can think for themselves and it's none of your business, or would you consider that he was endangering public safety? It's exactly the same thing.

Your horse is dead. Stop beating it.

"The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street"

• Haha 1