Chapala.com Webboard

Flying in

luvsdawgs

I am here and am not going anywhere, so get off your high moral horse. I asked for info, not a preacher. I stated being curious and instead of an answer I got a sermon. A tourist does not have a community where he is vacationing. So, I still am wondering if tourist visas are being issued to airline passengers and if there are any quarantine requirements for these visitors. Canada, for instance, requires one goes directly to place where one is staying, no stops anywhere in between that and the airport. Or so I have read and been told. I don't know what is necessary in the US.

• Like 1

Regarding travel to and from GDL airport, perhaps by using the following contact information, you can get reliable answers to your questions"

AEROPUERTO DE GUADALAJARA, S.A. DE C.V.
Carretera Guadalajara Chapala km 17.5
Tlajomulco de Zuñiga, Jalisco
C.P.45659
Tel: +52 (33) 3688-5248, 32846484

Oficinas Corporativas
Avenida Mariano Otero No. 1249-B Torre Pacifíco, Piso 6, Rinconada del Bosque, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, 45140.
Nuestro número telefónico:
+(5233) 3880-1100

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Xena said:

I don’t think they are “tourist” visas, just commonly called that. Anyone coming into Mexico for no more than 180 days gets the same visa, not just tourists. 

Just a question...who flying in needing an FMM is not a tourist? When you enter the FMM has a fee charged to your ticket for tourists. If you are a resident the fee is refundable and the FMM is for statistical purposes.

39 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Just a question...who flying in needing an FMM is not a tourist? When you enter the FMM has a fee charged to your ticket for tourists. If you are a resident the fee is refundable and the FMM is for statistical purposes.

You honestly can’t think of a single reason why someone would come here except as a “tourist”? If you are not applying for temporary or permanent resident then you are a visitor to Mexico. You can come to help care for a sick family member, help a friend with a project, do volunteer work, housesit for a friend, take a workshop or class, or any number of reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

So if they are not residents or citizens or tourists, what visa do they get?  When I came for work as a rep I was always on a tourist visa as I received no pay in Mexico.

You received a visitors visa and called it a tourist visa as so many people do. You can keep calling it a tourist visa if you wish. You can call it a salamander for all I care. 

1 minute ago, Mostlylost said:

I just call it what Mexico calls it  Sorry to offend you....

"México para solicitar el visado de turista".

You did not offend me at all.  I have also seen official sites refer to it as a visitor visa but, as I said, I don’t care what you call it. 

On 7/4/2020 at 8:35 PM, luvsdawgs said:

I . Canada, for instance, requires one goes directly to place where one is staying, no stops anywhere in between that and the airport.

AND they require you to self-quarantine IN THAT LOCATION for 14 days and will spot check you because some have violated the rules.

So Canada is sending out 'personnel' to check up on new arrivals?  What 'agency' does this? How many times within the 14 days?

That seems like a VERY labor intensive directive....

Not being critical, just wondering how they pull this off. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 8:35 PM, luvsdawgs said:

I am here and am not going anywhere, so get off your high moral horse. I asked for info, not a preacher. I stated being curious and instead of an answer I got a sermon. A tourist does not have a community where he is vacationing. So, I still am wondering if tourist visas are being issued to airline passengers and if there are any quarantine requirements for these visitors. Canada, for instance, requires one goes directly to place where one is staying, no stops anywhere in between that and the airport. Or so I have read and been told. I don't know what is necessary in the US.

They are "virtue signaling". It has become very important recently.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 8:08 PM, RickS said:

So Canada is sending out 'personnel' to check up on new arrivals?  What 'agency' does this? How many times within the 14 days?

That seems like a VERY labor intensive directive....

Not being critical, just wondering how they pull this off. 

The RCMP do it for one. Yes, labor intensive but Canada is serious about the virus and is faring much better than the US and Mexico with the virus. When I arrived in Vancouver last month they told me at the airport that if I stepped off the property where I was quarantining I could face a million dollar fine or jail. Needless to stay I was very careful and bored. As required I had filled out forms for the Provincial and Federal governments detailing how and where I would deal with 2 weeks quarantine.  The airport staff were more interested in the 90 some Mexicans getting off the plane after me. No one came and checked to see if I was where I was supposed to be but I heard of several people who were checked up on. I had arranged for a temporary phone while in Canada so that they could not trace me.