Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy sliced rye bread at Lakeside

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

of course you would dispute. the simple fact is SUPERLAKE does not have as good a selection as pancho. and no they ain't one entity is they

The grocery division of the Paz family retail "empire" is called Superlake and carries zero liquor because that would be stupid to compete with there other division Paz Licuors. They operate side by each. So, yes they are one entity and that's a simple fact based on reality.

no its not. you need to get out, go to some stores, see whats real. two different stores are two different stores regardless of ownership. you dig? superlake carries lots of wine. pancho carries a lot more. pepsi owns pizza hut, taco bell and kfc. or do you wnat to go further down your dark hole. of course in your world you would send me to taco bell to get a pizza.

btw look up entity. a thing with distinct and independent existence. remeber the covid virus? rmember when paz closed but superlake did not because of the municipality? because they are two separate entities? No of course because you are stuck infront of your computer

• Sad 1

The family  not own these stores, they are owned by different individuals of the same family. Saying the family owns it is the same as if your brother owned a ford dealership and you claim it is owned by the family.

• Thanks 1

Gilberto Paz is the owner (actually his daughter, if you check the facturas) of Paz Licorería and Leopoldo Paz is the owner of SuperLake, brothers but not business partners on those two particular enterprises. It´s not complicated  .:017:

It really matters  not how the family operates the 2 businesses because together they are synergistic. In light of that, Pancho has a snowball's chance in haitch of ever selling more liquor than a member of the Paz family complex, who operate side by each. He does sell more fresh bread though and his round sourdough is close enough to a light rye to use for making a corned beef sandwich, getting back to the OP who asked about rye bread of which the real European style has never been available at Superlake or anywhere else here. I have had real rye bread all my life in Czech Republic and Canada. There is a German bakery in Gaudalajara that bakes it.

I desperately want Superlake to recover. I've depended on they for 20+ years to supply certain items that I absolutely have to have; when I first moved here I'm not sure I'd have been able to stay, otherwise. There was no Walmart or Soriana back then either, but even after they opened, Superlake continued to be the "go-to" for elusive, imported items, even as they stocked a good range of local products at competitive prices.  Their location is accessible and they're open when you need them. Does anyone know if they're planning to restock to their pre-virus levels? Over all, I was pleasantly surprised at how well they maintained after Pancho left, so I don't see why they can't come back.

• 1 month later...

Fresh baked Rye bread can be purchased at Emma's - about 100 yards north of the LCS main entrance.

They will also deliver ion Monday and Thursdays if you order the day before.

Sometimes it's still warm when it arrives.

They also make and deliver great bagels, - plain, poppy seed, sesame seed and everything (including garlic and salt).

2 hours ago, cyberjack said:

Fresh baked Rye bread can be purchased at Emma's - about 100 yards north of the LCS main entrance.

They will also deliver ion Monday and Thursdays if you order the day before.

Sometimes it's still warm when it arrives.

They also make and deliver great bagels, - plain, poppy seed, sesame seed and everything (including garlic and salt).

We love their Cinnamon Raisin bagels and their Cheese bagels, too!  

We know how to slice our own bread. I guess a lot of ferners don't because we bought a loaf of this rye bread at Panaderia Scandinavia and damn, they automatically took it to the back and sliced it but it did go well for our corned beef  as well as peanut butter sandwiches. By the way REAL European type rye bread should never be baked in a pan-yuck!

rye bread varmland.jpg

5 minutes ago, Upfront said:

oh so that makes pan bread unreal. cool

You apparently have difficulty understanding things that I post so you choose to make snide little remarks, short and of no consequence, so here is a comparison that may make it clearer for you about the difference between the 2 baking methods. Pan baking is like a similar,not even generic drug compared to the REAL branded drug. I have been eating REAL rye bread since I grew teeth 76 years ago. Some people don't care,so what- eh!

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

oh so that makes pan bread unreal. cool

For those of you who do not speak Spanish, the word pan means  bread in English,. so I guess pan bread means bread bread, which gets me a little confused.

• Sad 2
46 minutes ago, johanson said:

For those of you who do not speak Spanish, the word pan means  bread in English,. so I guess pan bread means bread bread, which gets me a little confused.

This should alleviate your confusion-eh!

bread pan..jpg

1 hour ago, johanson said:

Pete, we know you are smarter than that, better get out and get some fresh air.        :017:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, happyjillin said:

You apparently have difficulty understanding things that I post so you choose to make snide little remarks, short and of no consequence, so here is a comparison that may make it clearer for you about the difference between the 2 baking methods. Pan baking is like a similar,not even generic drug compared to the REAL branded drug. I have been eating REAL rye bread since I grew teeth 76 years ago. Some people don't care,so what- eh!

the actual problem here is your seething necessity to constantly toss in useless facts in an ongoing effort to make us think you are worth more than you are. i assure you: you are not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1