Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy sliced rye bread at Lakeside

geeser

I desperately want Superlake to recover. I've depended on they for 20+ years to supply certain items that I absolutely have to have; when I first moved here I'm not sure I'd have been able to stay, otherwise. There was no Walmart or Soriana back then either, but even after they opened, Superlake continued to be the "go-to" for elusive, imported items, even as they stocked a good range of local products at competitive prices.  Their location is accessible and they're open when you need them. Does anyone know if they're planning to restock to their pre-virus levels? Over all, I was pleasantly surprised at how well they maintained after Pancho left, so I don't see why they can't come back.

• 1 month later...

Fresh baked Rye bread can be purchased at Emma's - about 100 yards north of the LCS main entrance.

They will also deliver ion Monday and Thursdays if you order the day before.

Sometimes it's still warm when it arrives.

They also make and deliver great bagels, - plain, poppy seed, sesame seed and everything (including garlic and salt).

2 hours ago, cyberjack said:

Fresh baked Rye bread can be purchased at Emma's - about 100 yards north of the LCS main entrance.

They will also deliver ion Monday and Thursdays if you order the day before.

Sometimes it's still warm when it arrives.

They also make and deliver great bagels, - plain, poppy seed, sesame seed and everything (including garlic and salt).

We love their Cinnamon Raisin bagels and their Cheese bagels, too!  

We know how to slice our own bread. I guess a lot of ferners don't because we bought a loaf of this rye bread at Panaderia Scandinavia and damn, they automatically took it to the back and sliced it but it did go well for our corned beef  as well as peanut butter sandwiches. By the way REAL European type rye bread should never be baked in a pan-yuck!

rye bread varmland.jpg

5 minutes ago, Upfront said:

oh so that makes pan bread unreal. cool

You apparently have difficulty understanding things that I post so you choose to make snide little remarks, short and of no consequence, so here is a comparison that may make it clearer for you about the difference between the 2 baking methods. Pan baking is like a similar,not even generic drug compared to the REAL branded drug. I have been eating REAL rye bread since I grew teeth 76 years ago. Some people don't care,so what- eh!

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

oh so that makes pan bread unreal. cool

For those of you who do not speak Spanish, the word pan means  bread in English,. so I guess pan bread means bread bread, which gets me a little confused.

• Sad 2