Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Xena said:

So, you can not name even one store where the environmental police have forced baggers out of work. Instead of answering a question about one of your fact-free rants, you respond with another one. I suppose you can not name the stores where pre-virus baggers were leaving because we were all loading up our own carts with checkers helping. In what stores did this occur? 

This thread is about Walmart baggers, and as I have said 3 times now, I saw it with my own eyes THERE...many times. You are entitled to your own opinions, but facts are facts!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is because of the stupidity of the "do good" crowd! Get rid of ALL plastic...first the plastic bags that we all depended upon at the check-out! This is where those wonderful "older" ladies (and a

Wish they would bring the baggers back.  After bagging my own groceries I have much more appreciation for their skill in bagging groceries , it is an art!  Plus the lines would move much faster.  When

So, at Walmart you saw baggers quitting their jobs because of environmental laws against reusable plastic bags and you saw this many times? Sorry GH, but this still is not “a fact.” I can say I saw mo

4 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

This thread is about Walmart baggers, and as I have said 3 times now, I saw it with my own eyes THERE...many times. You are entitled to your own opinions, but facts are facts!!!

 So, at Walmart you saw baggers quitting their jobs because of environmental laws against reusable plastic bags and you saw this many times? Sorry GH, but this still is not “a fact.” I can say I saw monkeys riding goats stocking shelves in Walmart. I could say I saw it with my own eyes many times. Still, even if I add,  “Facts are facts” it would not mean that Walmart has goat-riding monkeys stocking shelves.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Xena said:

 So, at Walmart you saw baggers quitting their jobs because of environmental laws against reusable plastic bags and you saw this many times? Sorry GH, but this still is not “a fact.” I can say I saw monkeys riding goats stocking shelves in Walmart. I could say I saw it with my own eyes many times. Still, even if I add,  “Facts are facts” it would not mean that Walmart has goat-riding monkeys stocking shelves.  

Pleeeze!!! This is so stupid, but somewhat entertaining. No, I did not see baggers quitting...just less and less of them with checkers having to help put the groceries, in most cases, into the carts and also the cloth bags that some customers provided. No, I saw no monkeys or goats...just less and less baggers...WITH MY OWN EYES!!! Am I being clear enough??? 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Pleeeze!!! This is so stupid, but somewhat entertaining. No, I did not see baggers quitting...just less and less of them with checkers having to help put the groceries, in most cases, into the carts and also the cloth bags that some customers provided. No, I saw no monkeys or goats...just less and less baggers...WITH MY OWN EYES!!! Am I being clear enough??? 

What you just said here is not what you were saying. Go back and reread your posts in this thread. Had you said further back what you just said here we would not be having this discussion. Now that I know you really have no idea what you are saying there is no point in these discussions. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Xena said:

What you just said here is not what you were saying. Go back and reread your posts in this thread. Had you said further back what you just said here we would not be having this discussion. Now that I know you really have no idea what you are saying there is no point in these discussions. 

I'm done with this...Adios!!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Gringohombre, So you are out of there.  I'm up in Seattle for a few months, maybe you could stop by and have a drink on your way  to, I think it was you who posted on TOB that you were going Alaska for a vacation. At least I think that was you posting that message  using another name over there. If it is not you, you have a double, who posts just like you over there.

How long are you going to be up in Alaska?. You know the days are very very long up there during the summer. It is kind of hard to sleep when the sun is out so long each day. You would be smarter to wait until late August or early Sept.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johanson said:

Hey Gringohombre, So you are out of there.  I'm up in Seattle for a few months, maybe you could stop by and have a drink on your way  to, I think you who posted on TOB that you were going Alaska for a vacation. At least I think that was you posting that message  using another name over there. If it is not you, you have a double, who posts just like you.

Not me Señor...I tried that board once and found out it is truly a bigoted and unpleasant place. As a person who grew up in the islands and lived most of my adult life in Southern California, Alaska would not be on my vacation list. I hope that you are enjoying the calm and peaceful times up there.   

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK  now I figured out who you were. You didn't make a very good impression over there. They ran you off and then joked about it once you left. Too funny. Don't worry about what you posted it will not be repeated by me.  You were too funny, and you thought you were being taken seriously. :) 

I just know that one day you stopped posting there and I was guessing why. 

Welcome back. You belong here

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, johanson said:

OK  now I figured out who you were. You didn't make a very good impression over there. They ran you off and then joked about it once you left. Too funny. Don't worry about what you posted it will not be repeated by me.  You were too funny, and you thought you were being taken seriously. :) 

I just know that one day you stopped posting there and I was guessing why. 

Welcome back. You belong here

What a terrible loss for TOB.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

What a terrible loss for TOB.

Yes, my wisdom and common sense will be greatly missed there...however the good news is that I am still here!!!

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Not me Señor...I tried that board once and found out it is truly a bigoted and unpleasant place. As a person who grew up in the islands and lived most of my adult life in Southern California, Alaska would not be on my vacation list. I hope that you are enjoying the calm and peaceful times up there.   

Bigoted and unpleasant.  Suits you well deary.  💋

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Yes, my wisdom and common sense will be greatly missed there...however the good news is that I am still here!!!

i cant even

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the issue with plastic bags being banned while still allowing the flow of other plastics is rooted in the difficulty of recycling plastic bags and specialized equipment required for various categories of plastics. I do agree that entrepreneurs are the best avenue for recycling but some of the complexity is beyond small operations. However, there still needs to be some government regulation. The cleaned up waterways in the US from days of old are good testament to this.

https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2018/04/04/7-things-you-didnt-know-about-plastic-and-recycling/

https://apps.npr.org/plastics-recycling/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/its-in-the-bag-why-cant-you-put-carrier-bags-in-with-your-plastic-recycling/2019/10/27/b838b83a-f8bf-11e9-ac8c-8eced29ca6ef_story.html

Maybe we should bring back glass and metal containers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

What a terrible loss for TOB.

It is so sad. They are celebrating there loss at the local bar.  What is so sad about that?  Well, it's that I am in Seattle and couldn't go to the celebration 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...