Chapala.com Webboard

A special thank you

Rock on dude.  I have no desire to take over your paper route.  But wouldn't it be in the best interest of everyone to have the most accurate and up to date info?    

I will reply with what I said earlier.

Today I asked @Mostlylost to review and compare the Covid reports he had been getting from a Federal agency, which are woefully out of date.  I asked him to look at the more accurate and up to date Jalisco official site.  For example, today for Chapala the Federal site lists 22 cases.  However, the Radar Jalisco government site lists 33 cases (over 30 percent more).  

Rather than looking at the most up to date info, in a fit of pique, @Mostlylost deleted his old thread. No big loss; it was horribly out of date and inaccurate as he would have realized if he had an open mind and actually looked at the Jalisco site.  

The Radar Jalisco site is the source used by the Chapala Gobierno, at least 2 local Mexican papers (La Pagina and Seminario Laguna) and the GDL Reporter.  

Today Hector Espana, the Chapala Expat Liaison explained the reason why Radar Jalisco is more up to date and accurate.

Chapala EXPAT Liaison

Chapala is now showing 33 covid cases. Why do my numbers vary from the Federal, for example. The federal system time wise falls behind the more local numbers. I speak to the Virologist assigned by the state to the Jocotepec Community hospital. He is the basis of the official report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Rock on dude.  I have no desire to take over your paper route.  But wouldn't it be in the best interest of everyone to have the most accurate and up to date info?    

I will reply with what I said earlier.

Today I asked @Mostlylost to review and compare the Covid reports he had been getting from a Federal agency, which are woefully out of date.  I asked him to look at the more accurate and up to date Jalisco official site.  For example, today for Chapala the Federal site lists 22 cases.  However, the Radar Jalisco government site lists 33 cases (over 30 percent more).  

Rather than looking at the most up to date info, in a fit of pique, @Mostlylost deleted his old thread. No big loss; it was horribly out of date and inaccurate as he would have realized if he had an open mind and actually looked at the Jalisco site.  

The Radar Jalisco site is the source used by the Chapala Gobierno, at least 2 local Mexican papers (La Pagina and Seminario Laguna) and the GDL Reporter.  

Today Hector Espana, the Chapala Expat Liaison explained the reason why Radar Jalisco is more up to date and accurate.

Chapala EXPAT Liaison

Chapala is now showing 33 covid cases. Why do my numbers vary from the Federal, for example. The federal system time wise falls behind the more local numbers. I speak to the Virologist assigned by the state to the Jocotepec Community hospital. He is the basis of the official report.

• Sad 2

• mod-3 locked this topic

There is no need to disagree. If one of you would like to report the Federal stats and one to report the State stats I would be happy to give you each a separate pined thread. That way we can all easily follow the progression of COVID from both reporting sources. I do appreciate that Mostlylost is going out of his way to do this and would hope Bisbee Gal would join in the effort.

• Thanks 5