Chapala.com Webboard

Official Local Covid Data From Jalisco State Site

Numbers from July 8th as reported by La Pagina newspaper.  Deaths remain the same, 2 each Chapala and Ixtlahuacan, 4 in Jocotepec.  

PÁGINA Que sí se lee

🔴  #Chapala sumó un caso y llega a 36. Al corte de este miércoles 8 de julio, #Jocotepec registró otro caso y acumula 44. #IxtlahuacánDeLosMembrillos pasa de 38 a 39 casos confirmados acumulados de Covid-19.

🔴 #Chapala added one case and reaches 36. At the cut of this Wednesday, July 8, #Jocotepec registered another case and accumulates 44. # IxtlahuacánDeLosMembrillos goes from 38 to 39 accumulated confirmed cases of Covid-19.

• Thanks 1

Data from Radar Jalisco as reported by La Pagina newspaper for July 9th. 

PÁGINA 

5 hrs · 

🔴  #Jocotepec sumó un caso nuevo de Covid-19 y llega a 45. #Chapala no reportó casos nuevos este jueves 9 de julio, por lo que se mantiene en 36, mientras que el municipio vecino de #IxtlahuacánDeLosMembrillos pasó de 39 a 41 casos.

🔴 #Jocotepec added a new case of Covid-19 and reaches 45. #Chapala did not report new cases this Thursday, July 9, so it remains in 36, while The neighbouring municipality of #IxtlahuacánDeLosMembrillos went from 39 to 41 cases.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:52 PM, daisy2013 said:

4 the last time they said were in Ajijic, now they only say the municipality of Chapala.  I think probably lots of cases in Ajijic

My local resources say definitely not many cases in Ajijic.

Data from July 10 from Radar Jalisco as reported by Semanario Laguna newspaper.
Semanario Laguna

🌐 #Salud | Ni #Chapala ni #Jocotepec presentan casos de #COVID_19 para este viernes 10 de Julio, manteniéndose en 36 y 45 registros. #Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos suma uno para llegar a 42 casos; #Ocotlán pasa de 136 a 139 contagios.

🌐 #Health | Neither #Chapala nor #Jocotepec present cases of #COVID COVID 19 for this Friday July 10th, keeping in 36 and 45 records. #Ixtlahuacan of Membrillos adds up one to reach 42 cases; #Ocotlan goes from 136 to 139 infections.

Below are numbers from Radar Jalisco as of July 11th as reported by Semanario Laguna.

I am adding a new statistic, also from Radar Jalisco.  It is the percentage of state-wide hospital occupancy.  Gobernador Alfaro warned on July 7 that if the Jalisco hospitalization rate went to 50% he would invoke a new shutdown order.  The occupancy rate at that time was 26.5%  

Hospital occupancy rate in Jalisco on July 11 is 27.6%

Semanario Laguna

🌐 #Salud | #Chapala y #Jocotepec no suman casos de #COVID_19, manteniéndose en 36 y 45 casos. 

🌐 #Health | #Chapala and #Jocotepec don't add cases of #COVID COVID 19, keeping in 36 and 45 cases. 

HoneyBee 

Maybe I am missing something. Is the occupancy rate of around 28% related to COVID-19 patients or does it take in to account all patients ?

I'm not sure.  I do know that this is the page from the daily Radar Jalisco report that Alfaro has tied his warning to.  This page is from July 6 when the % was 26.5; it is now 27.6.  Alfaro's threshold is 50%  We are pretty far away from that and hopefully will never reach it. 

Maybe others can decipher this page??

image.thumb.png.e5fb9a89ac13a7b26ea8d1c6dd3bcc2d.png

Cases as of July 12th from Radar Jalisco as reported by La Pagina newspaper.  The hospitalization rate for Jalisco is reported as 27.4%

PÁGINA 

🔴 Al corte de este domingo 12 de julio, #Chapala reportó otro caso y llega a 37. #Jocotepec sumó dos casos y ahora tiene 47. #Ixtlahuacán De Los Membrillos no registra casos, manteniéndose en 42.
🔴 To the cut of this Sunday July 12, #Chapala reported another case and reaches 37. #Jocotepec added two cases and now has 47. #Ixtlahuacán De Los Membrillos does not register cases, keeping in 42.

From this morning's PV News:

Today, Mexico added 4,482 new cases and 276 deaths, the lowest numbers in the past 14-days, and also, not surprisingly, the results were reported on a day with the least single-day testing in the past two weeks, 40% fewer tests than the daily average since July 1

Since July 1. Mexico has averaged 13,000 COVID-19 tests each day. Today, corresponding with a drop in reported cases, Mexico reported just over 8,000 daily tests, a reduction of 38% during the height of transmission in the country.

Today, Mexico’s president declared the virus had lost steam, but so has the government’s willingness for testing.

Currently, Mexico ranks fourth-place worldwide for deaths related to the coronavirus, overtaking Italy’s death count today. An early poll of funeral homes nationwide indicates the death-rate in Mexico is nearly twice that being reported by the federal government and infections are twelve times higher than being reported.

On Saturday, Puerto Vallarta registered 54 new cases, the largest single-day increase since the beginning of the pandemic. Puerto Vallarta maintains less than 100 COVID-19 tests each day.

See the part in bold above.  Like it or not, Mexico is going to test the herd immunity theory..  

14 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

From this morning's PV News:

See the part in bold above.  Like it or not, Mexico is going to test the herd immunity theory..  

i suspect the same may be true in the US with some areas getting 35% positives. I actually wonder if we are going to see partial herd immunity. If we assume people who have had it can't transmit it, then the number of transmitters will drop and in theory the spread will drop. Nice to think, but  a crappy way to get there. It wouldl be nice if it can get down to a manageable level until a vaccine appears.

Friends of mine in Melaque have it, he is in hospital in Manzanillo. Hardly any there, but tour buses from Guadalajara started to appear again. I am glad i decided to return to BC (Canada). Did that mainly because of my parents who are in their mid 90's, but the situation here is really good, probably the best on the continent except the far north. We are in phase 3. Now I am trapped for a few months, the US border is closed although maybe with a resident card I could transit. Booked flights for nov 5th, but not sure I will use them.

10 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

you would think it would be getting cleaner. The mountains here in Vancouver are the clearest I can remember.

3 hours ago, telcoman said:

If we assume people who have had it can't transmit it, then the number of transmitters will drop and in theory the spread will drop.

Why would anyone assume that? There has been zero evidence that even having the virus confers immunity. And people who show no symptoms at all are spreading it and some are experiencing long-term effects to their neurological system and their organs. 

From Radar Jalisco as reported by La Pagina newspaper as of July 13.  The hospitalization rate for Jalisco is reported as 28.7%

PÁGINA 

🔴 Ni #Chapala, ni #Jocotepec, ni #IxtlahuacánDeLosMembrillos registraron casos nuevos de Covid-19, manteniéndose en 37, 47 y 42 casos, respectivamente. 
🔴 Neither #Chapala, nor #Jocotepec, nor #IxtlahuacánDeLosMembrillos recorded new cases of Covid-19, keeping in 37, 47 and 42 cases, respectively. 

8 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Why would anyone assume that? There has been zero evidence that even having the virus confers immunity. And people who show no symptoms at all are spreading it and some are experiencing long-term effects to their neurological system and their organs. 

That is simply not proven.  There are quite a number of references which suggest it does confer immunity and this is very much being debated in the scientific community.  Sometimes I wonder if you confine your reading to sites which share your apocalyptic view of things.  A more balanced and recent discussion of it here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965

9 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

I am surprised that some are still talking about a vaccine. I am still waiting for the one that will protect me from hepatitis C and Aids. 😒

There is a cure for Hep C now. It isn't a vaccine, it is medication. I know 2 people who had Hep C for decades, who were totally cured.

18 hours ago, mudgirl said:

the operative word was "IF"

Report as of July 14, includes 3rd death from Covid in Chapala.   The hospitalization rate is 28.1%

PÁGINA 

🔴 Reporta Chapala tercer muerte por Covid-19

La Secretaría de Salud Jalisco (SSJ) confirmó hoy la tercera muerte relacionada con el nuevo Coronavirus (Covid-19) en el municipio de #Chapala, tratándose de una mujer de 73 años de edad, quien inició con síntomas el 26 de junio y falleció el 13 de julio.

De acuerdo con información proporcionada por la SSJ, la paciente se encontraba internada en el Hospital General Regional 46 del IMSS y además, padecía diabetes, hipertensión e insuficiencia renal crónica como comorbilidades.

El primer fallecimiento fue un hombre de 77 años de edad, quien se encontraba en aislamiento en su domicilio, mientras que el segundo fue otro hombre, de 87 años, quien se encontraba hospitalizado.

Actualmente, en el municipio de Chapala se contabilizan un total de 37 casos confirmados acumulados, 24 de ellos reportados en la plataforma de la Secretaría de Salud Federal (SSA) y 13 por el sistema RADAR-Jalisco.

En la plataforma de la SSA se reportan, además de los 24 casos confirmados acumulados, 89 casos de personas que dieron negativo a la enfermedad, 20 recuperados, seis sospechosos y ningún caso activo

🔴 Report Chapala third death by Covid-19

The Ministry of Health Jalisco (SSJ) today confirmed the third death related to the new Coronavirus (Covid-19) in the municipality of #Chapala, being a 73-year-old woman, who started with symptoms on 26 of June and passed away July 13

According to information provided by SSJ, the patient was interned at IMSS Regional General Hospital 46 and also suffered from diabetes, hypertension and chronic kidney failure as comorbidity.

The first death was a 77-year-old man, who was in isolation at home, while the second was another 87-year-old man who was hospitalized.

Currently, in the municipality of Chapala, a total of 37 confirmed cases accumulated, 24 of them reported on the platform of the Federal Ministry of Health (SSA) and 13 by the RADAR-Jalisco system.

In addition to the 24 confirmed cases accumulated, 89 cases of people who tested negative for the disease, 20 recovered, six suspects and no active cases are reported on the SSA platform.

18 hours ago, Xena said:

Not sure what you're referring to. From that article: Overall, new drugs cure the hepatitis C infection in 90 to 100 percent of people.

Yes, the drugs are heavy duty, have side effects (what drugs don't?) and sometimes have to be changed. One of my friends who was cured was part of one of the original studies- she was on a combo of 2 of the drugs, but one made her feel really sick. They took that one out of the equation and only gave her the other. That solved her bad reaction, and just the one drug cured the Hep C.

4 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Not sure what you're referring to. From that article: Overall, new drugs cure the hepatitis C infection in 90 to 100 percent of people.

Yes, the drugs are heavy duty, have side effects (what drugs don't?) and sometimes have to be changed. One of my friends who was cured was part of one of the original studies- she was on a combo of 2 of the drugs, but one made her feel really sick. They took that one out of the equation and only gave her the other. That solved her bad reaction, and just the one drug cured the Hep C.

I do not know how to say what I said any simpler. Sorry you don’t understand.