Chapala.com Webboard

Juke Box

I am thinking of bringing my 60's juke box to the lake.  Does anyone know if there is someone Lakeside who can repair them.  If it needs servicing when I get there it would be a waste of time to have shipped it.

Mario of Ajijic Electronics will be at our house within an hour installing a wi-fi doorbell. I will ask him. He seems very capable and is probably your best bet locally for electronics. You might have to get the power supply and surge protector switched out because Mexican power is ten volts higher than U.S. or Canada. There is another computer technician who picks up supplies in Guadalajara, he knows a good electronic repair shop there. I guess the old machine does not have a motherboard, so least you don't have to worry about that. Todays motherboards are very unreliable and any people that can repair them with component testing are very rare.

edit: Mario says he would have to see it, but he is a no bs sort of guy, arrives on time and tries not to use trashy Chinese components and parts.

Gracias CHILLIN,  these model juke boxes do have small boards but can usually be fixed with soldering.  It is becoming very difficult here in the states to find parts and someone capable to work on them.  I really like my juke boxes.  I have two Rockola's and one Seeberg.  I can have one serviced and ready to go and hope the trip won't be to hard on it.  I've got over a thousand  of the old 45 records and enjoy listening to the old times.  They just don't make music like this anymore.  Thanks, for the help its appreciated.  I'll  invite you for a beer and to listen to it when we get it shipped if we do.  Otherwise I still owe you a beer. 

• Like 1

Just out  of interest in this topic I was a coin machine operator for some 30 years . Out of some 400 units on the road we operated some 70 juke boxes which were in the area of 50 s 60 s 70 s 80 s and were Rock-Olas as they were the best to have on location 200 miles from home.I tried Seeburgs and Wurlitzer but they were high maintenance and not to have to far to go to service. The Rock olas will endure many miles of travel with out a problem . If you need some assistance with problems I may be able to help.

Great, if and when I get the juke box to the lake I will remember you.  I have a regular 60's Rock-Ola and a small princess Rock-Ola.  The Seeburg I had in a restaurant and had it on free play.  The customers really enjoyed it.  I might even bring two juke boxes down.  I could fill one with Mexican records per CHILLIN and the other with old time rock and roll, and country.  At one time had a Rowe juke box but sold it.