Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

now that restrictions are easing with safety protocols such as masks and appropriate distancing, anyone know if the following are open or when they might open:
1. hiking trails in upper Ajijic, up the hill from Restaurant Min Wah?
2. activities at LCS?
3. parque cristiania in Chapala?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should know tomorrow if the tennis courts at Parque Cristiana will open July 1. As of yesterday that was the plan of the government but that's always subject to change or in this case delay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Optometrist at LCS is the only thing open. You have to call her cell to get an apt.

331 411 1178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  will confirm Cristiana tennis  perhaps this afternoon. Lupe  told me on Monday that his wife and son, who operate the proshop and maintain the courts, that they have been called back to work today,July 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Hiking trails opened some time  ago.

Is anyone using the hiking trails ?  The hiking group has disband due to threats from the local ejido and indigenous people who are intending to impose fees to anyone using the trails once they reopen. There was an article about this in the May 16 edition of the Guad reporter. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

I  will confirm Cristiana tennis  perhaps this afternoon. Lupe  told me on Monday that his wife and son, who operate the proshop and maintain the courts, that they have been called back to work today,July 1.

They've gone back to work but won't be open until Monday of next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Is anyone using the hiking trails ?  The hiking group has disband due to threats from the local ejido and indigenous people who are intending to impose fees to anyone using the trails once they reopen. There was an article about this in the May 16 edition of the Guad reporter. 

Several entry points to the trails. Are the ejido groups planning to have someone at each entry point to collect fees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, InChapala1 said:

Several entry points to the trails. Are the ejido groups planning to have someone at each entry point to collect fees?

I have no idea,  But if it’s the same group that took over the airport parking awhile back and toll booths they will be wanting money to pass. if you can get hold of a copy of the  May 16-22 copy of the Guad reporter there is a write up on it on page 8.  From talking with one of the organizers of the hiking group I was told they disbanded the group because they didn’t want to get into a confrontation with these people . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not the same group as the airport. Completely different ejido. 

I would suggest visiting the elders in San Antonio and becoming friends with them. In my experience the indigenous here are very easy to get along with. 

Yes they have held up a couple of projects here and extracted money to go away, but it is always someone with deep pockets. A hiking group should have no problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...