Chapala.com Webboard

ILOX open?

It is best to go in the morning, just after 10:00am.  They are closed for two hours in the afternoon for comida from 3 to 5.  I spent three days trying to pay my Ilox bill and on day two asked one of the workman in the underground parking lot what the deal was.  He told me that there is someone there for sure around 10:00 but they disappear later on.

21 hours ago, jojana said:

Came back on in SAT for 15 mins and offline again. Emailed support and they told me it was up and running. That is not the case. 

For the past 2 days this has been the situation with me also in SAT...mostly down, then up for a short period. I have been getting through to the tech people (376-109- 0000 x3..long time on hold but hang in there). The last time about 2 hours ago the guy stayed on the phone with me and did some things there and BINGO!!!

Hey, Youngtimer, I guess it is dependent upon where you live. In upper West Ajijic, I almost never have had problems with Telmex infinitum. Yes my speed isn't that fast, but it meets my needs. I almost always have about 19.7 down by 5.05 up. It has been very reliable. I have Cable as a backup. And hardly ever need to use them for a backup. Also have their TV which is in more use than their internetas a backup for Infinitum.

36 minutes ago, johanson said:

Hey, Youngtimer, I guess it is dependent upon where you live. In upper West Ajijic, I almost never have had problems with Telmex infinitum. Yes my speed isn't that fast, but it meets my needs. I almost always have about 19.7 down by 5.05 up. It has been very reliable. I have Cable as a backup. And hardly ever need to use them for a backup. Also have their TV which is in more use than their internetas a backup for Infinitum.

Telmex worked fine for me for one month then out an entire two months. The work orders got mixed up and they said they didn't know I was out.

When I cancelled the contract and turned in the modem the customer at the next desk was told that her work order wasn't showing either.

In the Mean time during that time of no service for two months a Telmex tech was here three times working on mine and others in my complex. He couldn't figure out how to get me a new wire through the tubes under the driveway.

Mid January the ILOX tech showed up and it so happened that there was a hole cover sort of hidden that gave access to the rest of my tube.

I have ILOX, Telcel modem, and my AT&T USA phone with 30 gigs hotspot data when needed. Unlimited data on regular internet.

Anyway I hope ILOX gets their act together.

Out all day Monday. and Tuesday in SAT..called the tech support twice..."they are working on it"...Came back late Tusday evening and was fine this morning till about noon, than out again. Tried calling...busy, talked to a guy, disconnected, kept trying with no luck and all of a sudden it was back! I thought it was just a local problem here but seems that this is scattered all around the area. Hope this does not portant ongoing future problens. As far as the hacking, I was thinking maybe Telmex or Wiz (who have been very active in this area) are trying to sabotage the competition.  

32 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

As far as the hacking, I was thinking maybe Telmex or Wiz (who have been very active in this area) are trying to sabotage the competition.  

I thought that too Gringoh.

I turn off the modem then back on every time it goes out, this time it worked. They all have problems but this is unusual compared to the last four months that I have had ILOX