Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Overstayed Tourist Visa 3 years- flying out on the 1st


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the immigration booth is open at the tijuana airport so that I can pay my fine before flying out of the country?

Has the fee for overstayed tourist visa (3Years) changed? I am assuming from what I have read that I will need to obtain a new FMM before my flight. I am from Northern Ireland and not trying to enter the US and come back to renew it. I am just curious of what I am looking at paying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There isn't a "fine" for an overstayed visa. As far as I've ever known, they charge you whatever the cost of a tourist visa is. Do not show them your 3-year overstay visa. Tell them you lost it. 

And next time you go to a country not your own, show some respect for the laws of that country.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 The worse case scenario is go to the airport a little earlier than normal. The airline may ask that you have a current FMM. If so, they will direct you to immigration nearby to pay 575 pesos for another FMM. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...