Chapala.com Webboard

Health Permit required?

I had a prescription held up at the border being shipped by FedEx. They say I need a health permit to release the prescription. Anyone had experience with this? Is their a public health office in Chapala to obtain one? Needs fast action FEdEX will only hold till to he second.

Medicines and medical devices are on the prohibited list of imports.

To be a medicine importer requires a federal license. It is a lengthy process, and the products must be approved by the Mexican government.  Jut recently it took the state of Jalisco over 8 weeks to get the covid-19 test kits they ordered from the USA to be approved.

Many packages cross the border or arrive at customs offices inside Mexico daily. Only a percent or suspicious packages are inspected because of the volume.  So many illegal items do get through. 

We have helped people in the past to get the Federal Health permission to import controlled medicines, at times they require for all as they dont check which ones need permission or not

9 hours ago, slainte39 said:

No problem getting mine through Ishop, don´t know about all prescriptions, just have to go in and ask them if it can be shipped through their permit.

I need to get my favorite sleep aid from Costco it is really reasonable (8us for96 pills ) and works like a charm is it possible to have it Sent to ishop just wondering thanks 

1 minute ago, phil in mexico said:

I need to get my favorite sleep aid from Costco it is really reasonable (8us for96 pills ) and works like a charm is it possible to have it Sent to ishop just wondering thanks 

Phil, you can use Costco direct to deliver your "sleep aid" or, do what have been doing since the pandemic, use Lakeside Shopping service.  If you order today, Sunday, by 6PM they will deliver the items to BdeC Wednesday or Thursday of this week.  Here's the link.  https://www.lakeside-ss.com/shopping-information

There are documents and procedures probably runs $2,000 pesos, have not done any during this pandemic so not sure if times are longer.  

You need a pre-approved permit from COFEPRIS, a copy of which must normally be included in the package containing the pharmaceuticals before it arrives at Mexican Customs (Aduana). See here:

Medical Permit for Importation of Health-Related Consumables (in Spanish)

Scroll down and under the heading: Que no sean o contengan estupefacientes o psicotrópicos, que no cuenten con registro sanitario (Not a narcotic or psychotropic drug or does not contain them, and is not already a COFEPRIS registered medication) and select Modalidad D.- Medicamentos destinados a uso personal (Form D : Medications intended for personal use) (COFEPRIS-01-010-D):

Modalidad D.- Medicamentos destinados a uso personal (COFEPRIS-01-010-D)

This will open a PDF file in another window on your browser. Under the Formato heading, click on the button labeled Autorizaciones, Certificados y Visitas.

Authorization Forms

This will open a Microsoft Word file, which is the permit form that must be filled out. Instructions for filling out the form, including the required fields, will appear if you click on the button immediately adjacent.

The completed form must be taken to your local COFEPRIS office for processing before the shipment is made.

Good luck,

Don

• Thanks 1