Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM card

Quick google search inapam edad requisitos yielded this

https://gobmx.mx/tarjeta-inapam/

60 years or older

ID, proof of address,  2 pictures infantile color or black & white

for non citizens add passport and residente temporal or permanente card

All documents need to have original and b&w copy

It is in the DIF building  With the current covid  it might be a good Idea to call. Sometimes they don't have cards available. 

The website lists: 

Martha Hilda Rangel Zambrano

Degollado No. 327 ,Col. Centro    C.P. 45900

Tel: 3767652849   3767653349

Correo: hilda_difchapala@hotmail.com 

Horario de atención al público: lunes a viernes de 08:00 a 14:00 horas.

yes, i have been trying to get mine for months.  They have not had cards available.  They told me to call first to see if the cards are available.  I have not called in a long while so maybe they are ready.  Go up street towards Soriana, turn right on Degollado.  That corner is a Fruit water store, green awning.  Go up the road.  The DIF is on the left, big white building.  Enter building, office is on the left.  But yes i have been in there 3 times and she says to just call to see if cards are in.

They've been "out of cards" in Isla Mujeres for about two years. In March I went to the office to check availablity and as I entered I walked past a local exiting with her new card, but, alas, they were "out of cards". Officially the program is fully functional, but I think unofficially someone has decided that some people don't need any discounts. Not sure if there's a similar situation here.

I went to the Federal Office Building at Av. Alcalde 500 in Guadalajara for my INAPAM card and received it the same day I applied.  No fuss, no muss, no line.

I travel a LOT in Mexico, and 95% of the time by bus.  All buses--whether local or long distance--offer 50% discounts on tickets for INAPAM card holders.  Last year alone I probably saved  6,000 to 9,000 pesos, maybe more--which amounts to about 600 pesos per round trip from Morelia, Michoacán (where I live) to Mexico City.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got mine several years ago in guadalajara, the director refused to give me the card and I stuck to my guns and she called a immigration director in and he told her I qualified she was pissed, sorry I had to share that. I believe lcs had a program to get the card thru them, when they open back up I would check with them,

9 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

phil in mexico, where did you get your ianpan card ? Thanks

it is a beneficial card to have 💯

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phil in mexico said:

I got mine several years ago in guadalajara, the director refused to give me the card and I stuck to my guns and she called a immigration director in and he told her I qualified she was pissed, sorry I had to share that. I believe lcs had a program to get the card thru them, when they open back up I would check with them,

it is a beneficial card to have 💯

In my experience in Chapala the lady is as nice as can be.  The only problem is they run out of cards so you need to check before going.

• Like 1