Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Eric Blair

Need referral to someone who works on gasoling generator motors in Chapala.

Recommended Posts

I know one guy in Chapala.  Go down a street going East then over the second bridge on the left), but he has "fixed my generator 2X and the problem continues. I prefer Chapala over aAjijic since Ajijic has a much higher Gringo Tax than Chapala.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric, don't you have the senor citizen discount card, you know the INAPAM card?  It often helps drop the price to make it a much better deal than what I would have paid in Chapala without this card.  Warning, Not all stores will give a client a discount using this card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, johanson said:

Eric, don't you have the senor citizen discount card, you know the INAPAM card?  It often helps drop the price to make it a much better deal than what I would have paid in Chapala without this card.  Warning, Not all stores will give a client a discount using this card.

This is a sidestreet independent shop, no discounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per your first post the problem is with the gas motor and not the generator.  What brand is the motor? What exactly is the problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two generators. One is a "BULL" and the other is EVANS. Neither show the name of the motor.

I think one needs a carb. overhaul and the other does a kickback when I pull the cord; almost pulls my hand off. I read something about some pin that might be bent or broken.

Basically, I need someone who knows these things. As I said, had the kickback fixed but it keeps doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

I have two generators. One is a "BULL" and the other is EVANS. Neither show the name of the motor.

I think one needs a carb. overhaul and the other does a kickback when I pull the cord; almost pulls my hand off. I read something about some pin that might be bent or broken.

Basically, I need someone who knows these things. As I said, had the kickback fixed but it keeps doing it.

Take it to the gas motor shop in San Antonio on the mountainside of Caraterra. It will have a dozen or so lawn mowers out front. There used to be one in Chapala across from the Soriana on lhe Lateral. I don't know if they are still there. Any lawn mower small engine can do what you are asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geeser said:

Take it to the gas motor shop in San Antonio on the mountainside of Caraterra. It will have a dozen or so lawn mowers out front. There used to be one in Chapala across from the Soriana on lhe Lateral. I don't know if they are still there. Any lawn mower small engine can do what you are asking.

The one by Soriana is gone long ago.

Can you give me more specific location info on the one in San Antonio? Across from what or next to what?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lawnmower/small gas powered tool repair shop across the road from Pancho's in Riberas as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be wrong, I thought it was replaced by the ATV mechanic. I will drive by and check today and I thank you for pointing this out to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I may be wrong, I thought it was replaced by the ATV mechanic. I will drive by and check today and I thank you for pointing this out to me.

An ATV mechanic works on small gasoline motors I believe. I guess I had the Riberas across from Pancho's in mind. Those little towns sort of run together for me.

Just look for a shop that works on small engines like lawn mowers and ATVs. It the problem is the electric part of the generator you'll need someone who works on gen sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the shop in Chapala,  one lawnmower in front, Wil l go tomorrow. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I found the shop in Chapala,  one lawnmower in front, Wil l go tomorrow. 

Thanks

I don't know, Eric. Will you?

Only kidding :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also found the probable problem, a broken/bent/damaged "key" in the flywheel.

 

Thanks Google.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...