Chapala.com Webboard

There isn't conflicting information about whether wearing a mask in public and social distancing reduces viral transmission of COVID. It is a scientific and public health issue, not a political one, or a matter of some untrained person's opinion who doesn't "agree with you". So yes, anyone who refuses to wear a mask in public is severely lacking in intelligence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Witness Arizona, Texas, and Florida.  In particular pay attention to Houston whose ICU beds are at 100% capacity. Those are facts, not speculation. Once restrictions are relaxed or ignored,

There isn't conflicting information about whether wearing a mask in public and social distancing reduces viral transmission of COVID. It is a scientific and public health issue, not a political one, o

Posted Images

Great example of the judgmental and insulting.  Thanks for making my point. 

BTW it is quite easy to "be in public" around here, well away from others.  In that circumstance it really is not necessary to wear a mask.  Social distancing is the most effective of all.  

• Thanks 2
On 6/25/2020 at 9:34 AM, Dostortas said:

I see people on the Ajijic malecon in the early mornings, if you’re there at 7am or so you’ll see a handful of people, social distancing, minding their own business and enjoying an early morning stroll.  Maybe the thing to do is to open the malecon Monday to Friday 7-4, keep them closed on the evenings and weekends when people are more likely to gather in large groups.  

This has been going on since the beginning of restrictions. Never made sense to close the Malecon, outdoor walks are good for everybody as long as we follow the rules in place.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, lakeside7 said:

Do you really think the majority of Mexicans are taking the virus seriously.. from my experience, there are a significant number of MX who are disregarding the mask thing and distance apart , I would suggest the reason for MX having low numbers is the low testing and "fudging" actual reason for death. As for practicing social distancing on the Malecon at the week end will be a joke 
Why MX does not halt the potential "carriers" arriving from the high risk states in the USA is beyond me

Most of the world does not, we still have no official statement from China who originated the virus, which means all we are doing is based on hear say. Lots of contradiction by so called Scientists, best just do what everybody thinks is best for each individual. 

The Mexicans I know do take the virus serious and really have no problem to just stay within the close family circles.  Yes testing is low thats why official numbers are low compared to the US where testing is high which explains the high official numbers of carriers.

On 6/27/2020 at 8:12 PM, gringohombre said:

Please...the subject is the malecons opening up here... again everything getting off track. I just got back from my daily walk along the pedestrian bridge and SAT malecon and back through town (many hola's, adios! with all the friendly folks here). Thankfully more and more activity, mostly young parents and children and othes out and about. Don't want to get into the politics here but my personal opinion is that it was a dumb CYA decision from the get go. As so the liquor ban, but beer and wine OK that is still in effect. Oh well, we still can enjoy the great weather with the rainy season here and at least limited restaurant and other restrictions being lifted.  

Fully agree with your perception on the malecon's closure for such a long time. 

I know I am going off topic but since you touched on the subject, the Dry Law is really stupid and caused people to die buying unknowing tainted liquor. Its also a law easy to get around by using Amazon.mx and others to get what you want.

• Like 1
On 6/29/2020 at 5:16 PM, mudgirl said:

There isn't conflicting information about whether wearing a mask in public and social distancing reduces viral transmission of COVID. It is a scientific and public health issue, not a political one, or a matter of some untrained person's opinion who doesn't "agree with you". So yes, anyone who refuses to wear a mask in public is severely lacking in intelligence.

You are wrong there is a lot of contradiction about wearing or not wearing masks, many scientists disagree.  Anyway I use it myself for short outings to a store but will not take a trip by air as long as masks are to be used for the whole trip, no thanks.

• Sad 2
On 6/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, Mainecoons said:

Or sometimes they don't interpret all the conflicting information out there the way you do or in general see things the way you do.  One generally doesn't change minds by being judgmental or insulting the intelligence of others for the sin of not agreeing with one.

1001x this! 

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the insults fly when one doesn't fall in line with the "popular" line. Mainecoons has given a lot of facts and information to back up his point. Others use insults and half-baked theories. Hmmm...so difficult to decide who has the stronger case...not. Give me proven data, not speculation and I will listen to you. Give me insults, call me selfish and don't be surprised if I think you're someone with way too much time on your hands, a Mrs. Kravitz, if you will.

"The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Upfront said:

scientists do NOT disagree. only dumb people

Wow, really? Last time I checked, it was the norm for scientists to disagree until proven one way or the other. But, as to your last statement...well, I'll leave that one alone as to not insult.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, joco69 said:

Fully agree with your perception on the malecon's closure for such a long time. 

I know I am going off topic but since you touched on the subject, the Dry Law is really stupid and caused people to die buying unknowing tainted liquor. Its also a law easy to get around by using Amazon.mx and others to get what you want.

Also, i am sure that the cartels and other gangs benefited greatly (remember Prohibition and Al Capone?). Outlawing anything only makes it more valuable. 

• Haha 2

They steal a truck loaded with wines and spirits in Tlaquepaque. Tlaquepaque officers found a signal inhibitor inside the truck that the subject used so that the unit was not detected by the GPS. With an approximate value of half a million pesos,

4 hours ago, Tingting said:

Wow, really? Last time I checked, it was the norm for scientists to disagree until proven one way or the other. But, as to your last statement...well, I'll leave that one alone as to not insult.

scientists agree on THIS. only dumb people don't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Oh but we scientists do, it's our opinion of you, Gringohombre

But we can't figure out the best way to tell you in private :)

Only kidding, gringohombre.  :) 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

FAKE NEWS!

So glad you have come aboard...it's all over the place!!! Just stay away from social media and the "mainstream news" and you will be OK.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
35 minutes ago, johanson said:

Oh but we scientists do, it's our opinion of you, Gringohombre

But we can't figure out the best way to tell you in private :)

Only kidding, gringohombre.  :) 

If scientists agreed on everything (or even most) we would still be in the Dark Ages!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, Upfront said:

scientists agree on THIS. only dumb people don't

8 hours ago, Upfront said:

anyone with half a brain agrees on this. if you don't, well.

So effective. Once again, all scientists do not agree with this and your continuing to insult folks just to make a point isn't going to do the job. 

"The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" ... check it out. It will seem very familiar to you.

8 hours ago, Upfront said:

im not insulting anyone. you seem to take it personally as if yuou dont understand

Sigh. Ok. Fine. If insulting people and then denying it makes you happy, have at it. 

"The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street"