Chapala.com Webboard

Malecons opening up?

On 6/27/2020 at 8:12 PM, gringohombre said:

Please...the subject is the malecons opening up here... again everything getting off track. I just got back from my daily walk along the pedestrian bridge and SAT malecon and back through town (many hola's, adios! with all the friendly folks here). Thankfully more and more activity, mostly young parents and children and othes out and about. Don't want to get into the politics here but my personal opinion is that it was a dumb CYA decision from the get go. As so the liquor ban, but beer and wine OK that is still in effect. Oh well, we still can enjoy the great weather with the rainy season here and at least limited restaurant and other restrictions being lifted.  

Fully agree with your perception on the malecon's closure for such a long time. 

I know I am going off topic but since you touched on the subject, the Dry Law is really stupid and caused people to die buying unknowing tainted liquor. Its also a law easy to get around by using Amazon.mx and others to get what you want.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 5:16 PM, mudgirl said:

There isn't conflicting information about whether wearing a mask in public and social distancing reduces viral transmission of COVID. It is a scientific and public health issue, not a political one, or a matter of some untrained person's opinion who doesn't "agree with you". So yes, anyone who refuses to wear a mask in public is severely lacking in intelligence.

You are wrong there is a lot of contradiction about wearing or not wearing masks, many scientists disagree.  Anyway I use it myself for short outings to a store but will not take a trip by air as long as masks are to be used for the whole trip, no thanks.

• Sad 2

On 6/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, Mainecoons said:

Or sometimes they don't interpret all the conflicting information out there the way you do or in general see things the way you do.  One generally doesn't change minds by being judgmental or insulting the intelligence of others for the sin of not agreeing with one.

1001x this! 

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the insults fly when one doesn't fall in line with the "popular" line. Mainecoons has given a lot of facts and information to back up his point. Others use insults and half-baked theories. Hmmm...so difficult to decide who has the stronger case...not. Give me proven data, not speculation and I will listen to you. Give me insults, call me selfish and don't be surprised if I think you're someone with way too much time on your hands, a Mrs. Kravitz, if you will.

"The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Upfront said:

scientists do NOT disagree. only dumb people

Wow, really? Last time I checked, it was the norm for scientists to disagree until proven one way or the other. But, as to your last statement...well, I'll leave that one alone as to not insult.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, joco69 said:

Fully agree with your perception on the malecon's closure for such a long time. 

I know I am going off topic but since you touched on the subject, the Dry Law is really stupid and caused people to die buying unknowing tainted liquor. Its also a law easy to get around by using Amazon.mx and others to get what you want.

Also, i am sure that the cartels and other gangs benefited greatly (remember Prohibition and Al Capone?). Outlawing anything only makes it more valuable. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, johanson said:

Oh but we scientists do, it's our opinion of you, Gringohombre

But we can't figure out the best way to tell you in private :)

Only kidding, gringohombre.  :) 

If scientists agreed on everything (or even most) we would still be in the Dark Ages!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Upfront said:

scientists agree on THIS. only dumb people don't

8 hours ago, Upfront said:

anyone with half a brain agrees on this. if you don't, well.

So effective. Once again, all scientists do not agree with this and your continuing to insult folks just to make a point isn't going to do the job. 

"The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" ... check it out. It will seem very familiar to you.