Chapala.com Webboard

Malecons opening up?

This posted on Facebook.on Q Hay Chapala Jalisco page:

Chapala Jalisco....
From June 25, 2020, the health filters are removed from the income to Chapala and the municipal malecons are opened with their sanitary measures.
People continue to be asked to take care of themselves personally with their mouths cover and the necessary measures against covid-19.....

I see people on the Ajijic malecon in the early mornings, if you’re there at 7am or so you’ll see a handful of people, social distancing, minding their own business and enjoying an early morning stroll.  Maybe the thing to do is to open the malecon Monday to Friday 7-4, keep them closed on the evenings and weekends when people are more likely to gather in large groups.  

54 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

Witness Arizona, Texas, and Florida. 

In particular pay attention to Houston whose ICU beds are at 100% capacity.

Those are facts, not speculation. Once restrictions are relaxed or ignored, the death toll skyrockets.

I encourage you to go out among those enjoying "virus killing sunshine and fresh air". Be sure to breath deeply as you rub elbows with those not wearing masks because they've heard how great fresh air is for them . Oy.

Death RATE is dropping since some states stopped killing grandma by four states of the same governance putting CV patients in nursing homes.  Not that  your citing the U.S. has anything to do with Mexico.

Infection rates increasing among the young as a result of their getting tired of the lockdowns.  Death rates in this group is low.  In Mexico this group simply isn't paying much attention to either the lock downs or the standard precautions. 

This is exactly why I haven't returned to my gym even though it has reopened because many members are from this group.  It is both easy and prudent for us older retired folks to avoid a lot of contact with the local younger set.

There is no reason why people can't go out and enjoy the PROVEN benefits of sunshine and clean air on the Malecons with the simple steps of social distancing and mask wearing.

Get used to it, the politicians here are throwing in the towel because the folks have had enough of it.  Stay home if you think you need to.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Or....You can do the right thing.  Protecting yourself and others is a serious responsibility, no matter where you may be.  There are no indications that there is 'herd immunity', and little likelihood of an effective vaccine in the foreseeable future; if ever.  The economies of the world must change to contact-free delivery, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One thing that many either haven't read or choose to ignore, is the fact that even if you get the virus and don't die, there is still damage done to your body. possibly long-term.

So if you get the virus and survive, you may have immunity for several weeks and then you can get it again.

How many times do you think/believe you can get the virus and survive? Of course, some people either think they will live "forever," and others simply want to enjoy the day and not worry about tomorrow.

To each their own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dostortas said:

I see people on the Ajijic malecon in the early mornings, if you’re there at 7am or so you’ll see a handful of people, social distancing, minding their own business and enjoying an early morning stroll.  Maybe the thing to do is to open the malecon Monday to Friday 7-4, keep them closed on the evenings and weekends when people are more likely to gather in large groups.  

7 to 4 is a good idea.

Do you really think the majority of Mexicans are taking the virus seriously.. from my experience, there are a significant number of MX who are disregarding the mask thing and distance apart , I would suggest the reason for MX having low numbers is the low testing and "fudging" actual reason for death. As for practicing social distancing on the Malecon at the week end will be a joke 
Why MX does not halt the potential "carriers" arriving from the high risk states in the USA is beyond me

• Like 1