Chapala.com Webboard

7.5 Earthquake hit Oxacca and Hultouco

We felt it in Morelia's historic center--more than anything, it made my ceiling lamps sway widely back and forth, and some molinillos that I have hanging in the kitchen.  Luisa and I went out to the street and there were some people who had come out there when the quake happened, but pretty soon we all went back inside.

In Mexico City, friends report that it was very strong and fairly long, making buildings sway and scaring the pants off people.  One friend reported that she had hurried outside and all her neighbors saw her in her underpants.  Another friend in the northern part of the city reports that it was VERY strong there.

In Oaxaca, friends in Oaxaca City say that it was terribly strong and extremely frightening.  So far the people I know there are reporting in little by little that they are well other than the fright.

The proliferation of hilarious memes about the earthquake/Covid-19 connection make the earthquake's occurrence almost worth while.  Almost.

• Thanks 1