Chapala.com Webboard

Quality Care Dental Office

Yes. But, Dr. Christina has left and is apparently opening her own practice. Dr. Manuel works now, he is very young, not sure about his level of experience....I am looking for a new dentist.  Dr. Christina was very good, not sure when she will open her new practice, can't seem to get any info.

On 6/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, Guiness said:

Yes. But, Dr. Christina has left and is apparently opening her own practice. Dr. Manuel works now, he is very young, not sure about his level of experience....I am looking for a new dentist.  Dr. Christina was very good, not sure when she will open her new practice, can't seem to get any info.

Saw this on FB - Cristina Barreto is at her new office behind farmacia guadalajara in Ajijic. Called MOJO Dental (on FB)

Encarnación Rosas 34, Local 3
Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico 45920
Highlights info row image 376 688 2731
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 8:36 AM, Guiness said:

Stay away from Dr. Candy!! She allows patients to take their dogs into her exam rooms!

The truth: the woman was undergoing a lengthy complicated procedure and it was a trained emotional support dog. The office was thoroughly cleaned afterward.

• Thanks 1

I really love my dentist.  Lourdes Barajas in Chapala a couple of doors south of the bus station on on Madero.  765-2800  She is very skilled and for a root canal she called in a dentist from Guad.  He gave me the best root canal I've ever had with curved rasps.  She's reasonably priced (root canal and crown for 4000 pesos) and really skilled.  She did restorative work on a friend with veneers and a bridge and it's been stable for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, MtnMama said:

The truth: the woman was undergoing a lengthy complicated procedure and it was a trained emotional support dog. The office was thoroughly cleaned afterward.

Actually....I was the only patient in the waiting room, when the lady came out of the exam room holding her little fluffy dog. After she left I questioned the receptionist and was told she held the dog on her lap throughout the procedure. Next, my turn. Candy walked me right into the same exam room!! There was no time to have done a true cleaning....possible. I expressed my dismay and left.. I don't really care if the dog is a trained emotional support dog or not, it's a dog and I don't want a dog sharing the dental space with me. I live dogs and have many, but come on already...,

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yo1 said:

I really love my dentist.  Lourdes Barajas in Chapala a couple of doors south of the bus station on on Madero.  765-2800  She is very skilled and for a root canal she called in a dentist from Guad.  He gave me the best root canal I've ever had with curved rasps.  She's reasonably priced (root canal and crown for 4000 pesos) and really skilled.  She did restorative work on a friend with veneers and a bridge and it's been stable for years.

"Maria" Lourdes is fantastic and has been our dentist for many years. we strayed a couple of times including to a very popular dentist. She totally corrected the mess he made of my wife's  bridge. She has done all my dentures including relines made by the excellent lab she uses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1