Chapala.com Webboard

Galerias Mall

Does anyone know if Galerias mall is open? I've heard it is but when I email the mall it responds "can't answer at this time".

What ever parking 25% means. 25% of the mall parking is set aside for the mall? 25% of the stores are open? Or?

Just now, chicamysterious said:

Yes my husband just went and bought clothes there last thursday

Thanks. good to know. 

The following is a partial posting from lagodechapala.com :

Chapala EXPAT Liaison June 15, 2020

Posted by admin on 15 June 2020

Governor Enrique Alfaro has posted a video explaining that despite the coming peak in virus, he must relax the restraint on the economy because it too is dying. Jalisco has had 6,357 cases and 327 deaths. Chapala has 20 cases and 1 death, but, here too the economy is dying and something must be done.

The Governor calls it the "Phase of Individual Responsibility" and that is truly what it is! People are suffering!

• 1 family member in a shop
  • Malls closed Saturday and Sunday
  • Hotels limited to 25% capacity
  • Beaches open
  • Gyms and sport clubs 25% capacity
  • Churches abbreviated services/ maximum 50 people
  • Commercial corridors can open (tianguis, Chapala Malecon merchants)

So Galerias mall is open during the week. I like the Galerias near the old Costco. When I check Google maps to see how to get there it shows another Galerias mall on Lopez Mateos in Las Tijeras. Can that be?  

11 minutes ago, cedros said:

So Galerias mall is open during the week. I like the Galerias near the old Costco. When I check Google maps to see how to get there it shows another Galerias mall on Lopez Mateos in Las Tijeras. Can that be?  

Yes, just opened recently. Just south of the Costco on the right side as you're going south. You can see the Liverpool store closest to Lopez Mateos.

Thanks. Okay. I've been to the new Liverpool store on Lopez Mateos. The rest of the mall was pretty empty several months ago. Does anyone know if more stores have opened up there or is the original Galerias more complete? 

10 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

The last time I was at that mall was after Christmas and probably 20 plus stores were open.   Do not know about now. Not going there until things really calm down.

Thanks. Christmas? Maybe someone will report a later date.