Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Will Snowbirds be back this winter


Recommended Posts

When you live in the USA and you live like most Americans you keep your windows closed year round.  You use A/C and heat constantly throughout the year, you rarely open the windows and you rarely breath in fresh air, recycled germy air is what the majority of Americans breath.  Then we wonder why the USA had the highest mortality rate.  Most of the world lives neck to neck just like in Mexico.  We walk the streets and shop in the markets crowded with people.  Americans mostly live apart from there neighbors, they social distance in their cars and yet they faired the worst, why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

When you live in the USA and you live like most Americans you keep your windows closed year round.  You use A/C and heat constantly throughout the year, you rarely open the windows and you rarely breath in fresh air, recycled germy air is what the majority of Americans breath.  Then we wonder why the USA had the highest mortality rate.  Most of the world lives neck to neck just like in Mexico.  We walk the streets and shop in the markets crowded with people.  Americans mostly live apart from there neighbors, they social distance in their cars and yet they faired the worst, why?

Not true.  Think Brazil?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TAKE YOUR PICK    

February 11 Acuweather        "Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity," Nicholls said in response to a question about when he thinks confirmed cases will peak.

March 30 USA Today         Sunlight does not kill Corona virus

April 19 Yahoo news  “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,”reads the DHS briefing

April 24 Newsweek “Sunlight kills corona virus quickly” says top DHS official

May 7 NBC News Paul Dabisch, a senior research scientist “And so within minutes, the majority of the virus is inactivated on surfaces and in the air in direct sunlight.”

May 14 Daily Mail Fresh air and sunshine CAN curb the spread of the coronavirus, says scientist on Government's SAGE panel

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

It wasn"t that long ago that the WHO and CDC was spouting out that the virus died rather quickly within minutes when it was exposed to sunlight.  Were they wrong again?  Seriously?

gee. ask the people in Arizona and Texas and especially Florida where the curve is going up up up.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again, lets bring back Yogi (RIP)..."Nobody knows nuthin'!" Let's stop already!!! My main concern...is the SAT malecon open? The police tape has been removed for the past few week (torn down?) so I am resuming my daily walk there. I see a few people, couples and and dog walkers. Also a few kids on bikes and also small groups using the basketball court. The family groups BBQ'ing weekends have not returned, so I assume that the word in the pueblo has not gotten out. How sad that these healthy activities were cut off in a pueblo that has already been decimated by the loss of work and income. In my 12 years living here full time I have seen very few beggers. Now i encounter men despertly asking for work and women begging money for milk for their babies...sadly this is daily outside Superlake and IShop. I know that this is very difficult but like everywhere, for politicans it is CYA. Take at the alcohol situation. First cut off all...now beer and wine only. The cartels are loving it...they are losing massive drug sales because of the new enforced border situation...now they have a great source of new income. I have Mexican friends who tell me they can get anything...tequila, rum, wiskey, you name it with just a little higher price for the mordida. Lucky for me Vino Tinto is abundent at Paz. Most of us here can do nothing about this so we just have to ride it out...however in my mind we are in a much better situation than those poor folks NOB (USA specifically) who are going through the insanity there...and I am not just talking about the virus!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Again, lets bring back Yogi (RIP)..."Nobody knows nuthin'!" Let's stop already!!! My main concern...is the SAT malecon open? The police tape has been removed for the past few week (torn down?) so I am resuming my daily walk there. I see a few people, couples and and dog walkers. Also a few kids on bikes and also small groups using the basketball court. The family groups BBQ'ing weekends have not returned, so I assume that the word in the pueblo has not gotten out. How sad that these healthy activities were cut off in a pueblo that has already been decimated by the loss of work and income. In my 12 years living here full time I have seen very few beggers. Now i encounter men despertly asking for work and women begging money for milk for their babies...sadly this is daily outside Superlake and IShop. I know that this is very difficult but like everywhere, for politicans it is CYA. Take at the alcohol situation. First cut off all...now beer and wine only. The cartels are loving it...they are losing massive drug sales because of the new enforced border situation...now they have a great source of new income. I have Mexican friends who tell me they can get anything...tequila, rum, wiskey, you name it with just a little higher price for the mordida. Lucky for me Vino Tinto is abundent at Paz. Most of us here can do nothing about this so we just have to ride it out...however in my mind we are in a much better situation than those poor folks NOB (USA specifically) who are going through the insanity there...and I am not just talking about the virus!!!  

OMG Mr. Hombre I find myself agreeing with all of what you have just posted here.  Very thoughtful and accurate.  I am NOB now and, yes, it is f@#$ed up here.  Let’s hope for better days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gringohombre, I have no idea where your friends are getting their liquor, but I seriously doubt it is from the cartel.  Most of the small abarrote stores that sold liquor before Covid still sell liquor today, just ask.  It is all still behind that curtain.  Many negocios are selling it legally and openly like Pistaches liquor store opposite the Palacio Municipal, next to the Patio restaurant in Chapala.  Now, within recently even Oxxo has resumed their liquor sells. Liquor or beer was never hard to find, but if your only references are La Paz and Wal-Mart, you may have not been in the know.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

You bore me, go away!  😆

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

It wasn"t that long ago that the WHO and CDC was spouting out that the virus died rather quickly within minutes when it was exposed to sunlight. 

There's a vast difference between the virus becoming non-viable on a surface when exposed to sunlight and even perhaps becoming non-viable within minutes in the air, and someone with the virus breathing or coughing near you, which would only take a matter of seconds to breathe in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Gringohombre, I have no idea where your friends are getting their liquor, but I seriously doubt it is from the cartel.  Most of the small abarrote stores that sold liquor before Covid still sell liquor today, just ask.  It is all still behind that curtain.  Many negocios are selling it legally and openly like Pistaches liquor store opposite the Palacio Municipal, next to the Patio restaurant in Chapala.  Now, within recently even Oxxo has resumed their liquor sells. Liquor or beer was never hard to find, but if your only references are La Paz and Wal-Mart, you may have not been in the know.....

If there is not a ban on hard liquor, why are all the isles in all the major retailers blocked and taped off...so the people you mentioned are not selling it LEGALLY. Walmart and large legal retailers such as Paz are not going to give up massive sales and profits unless forced to by the government! Just look at US history and the proahibition in the 30's...Al Capone and all the gangsters then made a killing...just like the cartels now. Wake up! 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

If there is not a ban on hard liquor, why are all the isles in all the major retailers blocked and taped off...so the people you mentioned are not selling it LEGALLY. Walmart and large legal retailers such as Paz are not going to give up massive sales and profits unless forced to by the government! Just look at US history and the proahibition in the 30's...Al Capone and all the gangsters then made a killing...just like the cartels now. Wake up! 

If you read the Semanario or even a google translation you would have read where Moises the Chapala mayor said that all the large chain stores would not be allowed to sell beer or liquor for until further notice but the small mom and pop stores would be allowed to sell in Chapala municipality.  It was meant to send business to the small guys.  He also said that Chapala never had "la ley seca" or prohibition on selling alcohol.  In the early days of the quarentine, liquor was banned for a short while, but you could always buy it at the small shops if you asked.  Liquor has been being sold legally and openly in Chapala for the past 2 months, just not in the chain stores.  Only on Tuesday of this week Oxxo near the Chapala plaza told me they were now given the green light to sell tequila again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

There's a vast difference between the virus becoming non-viable on a surface when exposed to sunlight and even perhaps becoming non-viable within minutes in the air, and someone with the virus breathing or coughing near you, which would only take a matter of seconds to breathe in.

Mudgirl, of course, anybody that has been following the news would be aware of that regardless of the fact it is mostly common sense.  I was responding back to El Menudo who claims sunlight is not an enemy of Covid-19.  Not everyone reads the same news articles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

If you read the Semanario or even a google translation you would have read where Moises the Chapala mayor said that all the large chain stores would not be allowed to sell beer or liquor for until further notice but the small mom and pop stores would be allowed to sell in Chapala municipality.  It was meant to send business to the small guys.  He also said that Chapala never had "la ley seca" or prohibition on selling alcohol.  In the early days of the quarentine, liquor was banned for a short while, but you could always buy it at the small shops if you asked.  Liquor has been being sold legally and openly in Chapala for the past 2 months, just not in the chain stores.  Only on Tuesday of this week Oxxo near the Chapala plaza told me they were now given the green light to sell tequila again.

Google "Speakeasys". And who supplied them? Al and The Boys...Lets get real here. Oh...and dont think for a minute that the hombres at the top of the gob. are not getting thier cut. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, dichosalocura said:

When you live in the USA and you live like most Americans you keep your windows closed year round.  You use A/C and heat constantly throughout the year, you rarely open the windows and you rarely breath in fresh air, recycled germy air is what the majority of Americans breath.  Then we wonder why the USA had the highest mortality rate.  Most of the world lives neck to neck just like in Mexico.  We walk the streets and shop in the markets crowded with people.  Americans mostly live apart from there neighbors, they social distance in their cars and yet they faired the worst, why?

Well, here in t USA we have almost 50% Republican voters who support DTrump by doing as he does: going sans mask, ignoring distancing, & denying any risk of Covid for them and theirs.  You see these folks  are  TheEntitledOnes,  so they just know they'll  not be affected by Covid.   It'll be the 'other guys'  who'll be infected, so why would they care...And, they don't care...'. Ghastly people !!  The  USA is very Sick...in more ways than one. I am sad to see it. The EU may ban flights from America, & they should hurry it up for their own sake. 

  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...