Chapala.com Webboard

Will Snowbirds be back this winter

There are a handful of states in the US with laws stating that one must wear a mask when out in the public. WA state, where I am right now, has just declared it a misdemeanor not to wear a mask when out in the public. And they declared that this law goes into effect later this week and that it will be enforced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

Percentage wise, they are way up there.  It’s a political statement with them.

Not just a political statement. I've read men of that mind-set say they won't wear a mask because it makes them look "weak". Apparently their masculinity is so fragile that they need things like pit bulls and strutting around with their guns and without masks in order to feel like a real man. To me, a "real man" does what is necessary to protect his community and family, which in the case of this virus pandemic, means wearing a mask when out in public. 

1 hour ago, snakeoil said:

Well, here in t USA we have almost 50% Republican voters who support DTrump by doing as he does: going sans mask, ignoring distancing, & denying any risk of Covid for them and theirs.  You see these folks  are  TheEntitledOnes,  so they just know they'll  not be affected by Covid.   It'll be the 'other guys'  who'll be infected, so why would they care...And, they don't care...'. Ghastly people !!  The  USA is very Sick...in more ways than one. I am sad to see it. The EU may ban flights from America, & they should hurry it up for their own sake. 

Your handle (snakeoil) certainly suits you!!! What do you have to do with us here Lakeside?...you live in the US and joined this board exactly one hour ago. You do not have a clue. You are the one who is SICK!!!! GET LOST!

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Your handle (snakeoil) certainly suits you!!! What do you have to do with us here Lakeside?...you live in the US and joined this board exactly one hour ago. You do not have a clue. You are the one who is SICK!!!! GET LOST!

Now, GH. Is that anyway to greet a new  member? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gringohombre said:

My sis lives in Chapala, & I try to stay with her at least 3 months out of the year. Love my Sister.  Now GH, apparently I offended you,, I apologize.  I was surprised at your response.  I then read my post; I still don't understand what irked you so. Please share. As I certainly did not intend any sort of 'insult'. Perhaps I am not supposed to post when I am not in Chapala, & if that is so, plz let me know. Thank you.  Oh, and thank you for that very warm welcome😷.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snakeoil said:

My sis lives in Chapala, & I try to stay with her at least 3 months out of the year. Love my Sister.  Now GH, apparently I offended you,, I apologize.  I was surprised at your response.  I then read my post; I still don't understand what irked you so. Please share. As I certainly did not intend any sort of 'insult'. Perhaps I am not supposed to post when I am not in Chapala, & if that is so, plz let me know. Thank you.  Oh, and thank you for that very warm welcome😷.   

Yes, you did offfend me and perhaps half (or more) Americans here. I am a proud Republican Conservative and when I see something like this, when you refer to us "...And, they don't care...'. Ghastly people !!  The  USA is very Sick...frankly it makes my blood boil…and I do not even think that you can be an American. You do not understand what what irked me so??? And, you did not intend any sort of 'insult'....Please!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4