Chapala.com Webboard

Will Snowbirds be back this winter

True, you only are safe from it if you are rioting, burning and looting.  Right Rick?

:D 

Snowbirds normally start coming in November, that's a long time from now.  Let's don't have our pain in advance.  Most likely some will come, some won't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Fully intend to be back mid October as usual unless circumstances dictate otherwise. Fingers crossed. The situation here in Ontario is pretty well under control with daily cases consistently under 200 for several straight days. Businesses are cautiously re-opening except for Bars/restaurants unless you can offer patio service with proper spacing.

Had my first haircut in 4 months last night. Hairdresser asked me which number I used and I told her I couldn’t remember so she used a lawnmower. Then I went home and weighed myself. 😂😂😂😂🍷🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Border restrictions for tourists crossing by land may have a huge impact, as is intended. The pandemic is not going away.

Then just apply for a temporal.....or show one's Telmex, CFE, or predial - all of those are said to be sufficient to prove at least seasonal residency vs "tourist".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

or show one's Telmex, CFE, or predial - all of those are said to be sufficient to prove at least seasonal residency vs "tourist".

Well, there's no such thing as a seasonal residency permit- you can't show a CFE bill in your name to immigration officials at the border and expect them to consider you to be in some immigration category which doesn't exist and let you in the country if tourists aren't being allowed in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

True, you only are safe from it if you are rioting, burning and looting.  Right Rick?

Snowbirds normally start coming in November, that's a long time from now.  Let's don't have our pain in advance.  Most likely some will come, some won't.

MC, you are not giving the rioters, looters and arsonists enough credit. They are protected by a special brand, Double Mask....from the virus AND identification.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Well, there's no such thing as a seasonal residency permit- you can't show a CFE bill in your name to immigration officials at the border and expect them to consider you to be in some immigration category which doesn't exist and let you in the country if tourists aren't being allowed in.

Mudgirl,  I don't know about what it is like to cross the border by car but I do know as a fact that México is allowing tourists in by way of the airports and they are still issuing 180 day tourist visas.  México is opening up slowly, state by state.  

• Like 1

I might add if you are a snowbird, think about the health benefits of plentiful sunshine and mild air and being able to get outside regularly versus being stuck inside up there most of the time and freezing your butt off when you go out.  There's a good reason there are so many colds, flu and respiratory problems up there in the winter.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

You are correct, however no one said there was such a thing.     And FYI the advice / opinion was given by an immigration attorney.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Border restrictions for tourists crossing by land may have a huge impact, as is intended. The pandemic is not going away.

There is so much misinformation being spread...

There no border restrictions,  We have sunbirds here in my complex from Arizona, they crossed at Nogales, picked up their tourist visa with no problems at all. Got stopped a few times had their temperatures taken and were sent on their way..

On 6/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, Mainecoons said:

What a crappy right wing political comment!  😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

What a crappy right wing political comment!  😄

Well if you are suggesting that rioting, burning and looting and mass gatherings only of one ideology all with an apparent lack of media concern about CV being spread is not a "right wing political" activity, you are probably quite correct.  So thanks for reminding us of that.    :D

Personally speaking, I seriously doubt the CV bug cares whether it is rioting in Seattle or political gathering in Tulsa. But that is there and we are here.

As far as Mexico is concerned, it appears the bug is also totally non partisan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Well if you are suggesting that rioting, burning and looting and mass gatherings only of one ideology all with an apparent lack of media concern about CV being spread is not a "right wing political" activity, you are probably quite correct.  So thanks for reminding us of that.    :D

Well, how trumpian of you.  💋🤠🥴😎

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

Well, how trumpian of you.  💋🤠🥴😎

So it seems ML.  Noticing a double standard used to be more about education and critical thinking than ideology and not related to geography but there ya go.  We are now informed it has a nationality, a wing and a politician's name.

Who'd a thunk it?  :D

Anyway, I thought that MND article conveyed a pretty good sense of the "go to Mexico or not" decision this year.  I would still suggest one is better off here where one is not confined indoors by fouls weather than spending one''s winter in a northern icebox.  Sunshine and fresh air are known enemies of the CV.