Chapala.com Webboard

Bicyclist killed this morning on carretera

1 hour ago, ea93105 said:

Looks to have been a hit and run to me, no sign of any other car or truck at the scene. Happened in San Antonio near Oxxo

Not hit and run. Bicycle illegally crossing Carretera at a non intersection, struck by a taxi that  remained and was detained by Vialidad.

Victim was a caddy at the Chula Vista golf course.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Not hit and run. Bicycle illegally crossing Carretera at a non intersection, struck by a taxi that  remained and was detained by Vialidad.

Victim was a caddy at the Chula Vista golf course.

Were you a wittiness to this..  ?  Other sites are reporting that this was a hit & run and that the taxi fled and was found abandoned later....

• Sad 1

I drove through the area shortly after it happened,  there was a taxi pulled over on the lakeside ( don't know if it was involved but it was the only vehicle pulled over to the side). Victim was  covered in the road, the bicycle was a mangled mess. 

I also saw the cab with a broken windshield pulled over in the vacant lot on the lakeside.  Not hit and run.  Sorry for the young man and his family.  Sorry for the cab driver who will live with that accident image for the rest of his life.  Judging by where the body was laying along with the mangled bike it seems obvious that the cab was not at fault.  Drive defensively and assume something unexpected is about to happen because it soon will.  Alan

17 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

The video in on Facebook Chapala al dia

Wrong. That video is an old one of the motorcyclist that was killed in Riberas by the 711. The guy killed on the cycle happened just west of the golf thing in SAT and his body is laying on a friends driveway in a "foto".

While the bicyclist may have technically been crossing the road illegally , crossings are not a crime probably ever enforced or even discouraged here. He was definitely reckless in his crossing. I am surprised how quickly they let the taxi driver go and did they tow him away or let him drive away with a smashed windshield ? I heard it was an airport taxi.  Somewhat curiously I also didn't see any skid marks from the taxi.