Chapala.com Webboard

Nurse on duty in hospital interview re Covid

Zeb

While interesting the story has absolutely nothing to do with Chapala. Maybe would be better posted on web boards for Florida and New York

Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara

This board is for people with interest in the Lake Chapala area and in moving to Mexico.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

While interesting the story has absolutely nothing to do with Chapala. Maybe would be better posted on web boards for Florida and New York

Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara

This board is for people with interest in the Lake Chapala area and in moving to Mexico.

Agree.Mexico is a different ball game.

ZEB..THANK YOU! Wish there were more brave and honest people in the world, you have provided a very valuable service

please do not allow the coward types on here to dis courage  you. That nurse is THE ultimate of human decency and i

have forwarded copies of this video to many others and it will go viral.....or at least i hope so. Well done!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There are almost as many opinions out there as there are nurses.  Just stick to the basics of personal risk management and you'll be fine.

Our local bar pretending to be a restaurant is reopening tonight.  Given that bars are a great place to get CV it will be interesting to see how many  are there tonight.

• Like 1

This virus was like a bomb going off. Nobody was prepared for a pandemic. Many mistakes were made and unfortunately many lives were lost unnecessarily.  I also think the government over reacted. Shutting down countries caused people to die from not getting the medical care they needed. I have a friend which lives here and needs surgery for cancer in April which was pushed back till late this month. I hope he will be ok. 

Also I have seen reports that people put on ventilators just because the government pays more. All is sad. 

I am also glad this nurse had the guts to speak up.. I hope when this passes there should be an investigation like Warren or 9/11 type.

Mainecoons how lucky loud free music again. Ha!  

41 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

Mainecoons how lucky loud free music again. Ha!  

Believe me, at "free" it is grossly overpriced.  :D 

One thing for sure, you have to be a special kind of stupid to go to a bar with CV cases reported locally and on the increase in general.

• Like 2

Although the video I posted is not specific to our area, I believe it was relevant. as the handling of the virus situation has been affecting the entire world. and that includes us.  The idea is that perhaps it is being mishandled in general, with information that is not factual.  Definitely, people do get sick.

Nonetheless, it is the idea that the reactions and information on which decisions have been made are not truthful.  This has had terrible impact on many and governments in general are not known for their honesty and competence.  Greed obviously may be a factor as some do benefit from this mess.

We must not be naive and believe everything we are told. 

In response to the nurse's "perspective".  It is not an opinion or a perspective, but rather a description and reporting of the situation happening in her location. 

• Like 3

I watched part of the video posted by CyberTramp. 

No doubt hospital staff is working hard.That i8s not in question.

Does not change the fact that people are being listed as Covid when they are not and someone being handled as DNR when he does not have a DNR. That was recorded.

This doctor seems quite emotional,and defensive rather than factual. 

Also, this not the first nurse to describe these types of actions. 

The entire world's activities have been controlled, so I think it is important not to be gullible and believe everything is done "for our own good".

• Like 2

Regarding the link I posted. I neither endorsed or disagreed with the position of either party.

I do think the unique medical necessity and urgency that Covaid-19 presented required many difficult decisions and policies to be implemented by medical staff that were doing the best they could with limited knowledge and resources. I also believe, unfortunately, financial considerations played a role in dictatating policies. 

Off subject , I need to entertain different opinions on many topics so that I give myself the opportunity to grow, change, and become a better person than I was yesterday. I need to see things that I don’t necessary agree with so that I can acquire empathy, understanding and knowledge.

I had no desire to come across as a Troll. 

I don't think a policy of listing people as COVID when it is not is an acceptable decision.  As I mentioned earlier, this is not the first nurse who has said this is being done.  Mixing everyone on the same floor equally unacceptable.

We are told it is a pandemic.  Perhaps it is is not, but convincing everyone certainly gave them the excuse to put a lot of control in our world.  Scaring people is a great way to take away their rights and all under the guise of keeping us safe because they assume they know better. 

• Like 1

Was it not Dr. Birx, one of the main doctors working along side Dr. Fauci that freely admitted, not long ago in a press conference, that it was true that any person who died and tested positive for Covid-19 would be listed as dying from Covid whether or not they died from it or not.  And what about all the cases of people and animals falsely testing positive with Covid-19 and later being re-tested to find out they are really negative.

5 hours ago, MtnMama said:

I would point out that hydroxychloroquine has been withdrawn from the clinical study by WHO and the Food and Drug Administration has revoked its emergency use authorization.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-begins-clinical-trial-hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin-treat-covid-19

17 hours ago, Zeb said:

I don't think a policy of listing people as COVID when it is not is an acceptable decision.  As I mentioned earlier, this is not the first nurse who has said this is being done.  Mixing everyone on the same floor equally unacceptable.

We are told it is a pandemic.  Perhaps it is is not, but convincing everyone certainly gave them the excuse to put a lot of control in our world.  Scaring people is a great way to take away their rights and all under the guise of keeping us safe because they assume they know better. 

I wish I could credit the person that said this (feel free to add it), but I heartily agree with the sentiment, "My civil rights don't end where your fear begins."  

There has been so much misinformation and hysteria that I choose to follow my own common sense (hand washing, etc). If you prefer to suit up due to a compromised immune system, or just preference, good for you, but that doesn't mean that I have to do the same. I love reading the comments of folks who seem to believe that we need to lock ourselves in our homes and hide out until it's all over. That's great if you're sitting on a trust fund or retirement pensions, but what about the average Joe or Jane who lives paycheck-to-paycheck? Life has to go on. This isn't denial, as some would say, but reality. Some will live; some will die, and life will go on. We do the best we can.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Tingting said:

I wish I could credit the person that said this (feel free to add it), but I heartily agree with the sentiment, "My civil rights don't end where your fear begins."  

There has been so much misinformation and hysteria that I choose to follow my own common sense (hand washing, etc). If you prefer to suit up due to a compromised immune system, or just preference, good for you, but that doesn't mean that I have to do the same. I love reading the comments of folks who seem to believe that we need to lock ourselves in our homes and hide out until it's all over. That's great if you're sitting on a trust fund or retirement pensions, but what about the average Joe or Jane who lives paycheck-to-paycheck? Life has to go on. This isn't denial, as some would say, but reality. Some will live; some will die, and life will go on. We do the best we can.

My sentiments exactly. Last I heard no vaccine this year if ever. So do we live the rest of our lives in our homes. I choose not to. I will wear face mask when necessary also the gel which say anti-bacteria kills bacteria cool if you are worried about bacteria. I have a spray which I bought at a medical supply store in Guadalajara which says kills bacteria, fungus and has the word virus 99.9999%. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tingting said:

I love that quote.  It is exactly what I think.  Thank you for posting these comments. 

1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

My sentiments exactly. Last I heard no vaccine this year if ever. So do we live the rest of our lives in our homes. I choose not to. I will wear face mask when necessary also the gel which say anti-bacteria kills bacteria cool if you are worried about bacteria. I have a spray which I bought at a medical supply store in Guadalajara which says kills bacteria, fungus and has the word virus 99.9999%. 

Personally, I will not take any vaccine.  Another great way for Big Pharma to profit and medicate us unnecessarily.  I am in favor of businesses profiting, but not with bunch of products that really are ineffective and when there are other options.  If you notice, there are more and more drugs on the market, and yet people are not better.  Still lots of high, blood pressure, obesity, heart problems, arthritis, so their drugs don't fix anything.  If they actually healed, it would not be profitable.

• Sad 2

I don't understand why youtube videos have any credibility if the presenter is not a well known and recognized person. Anyone can post on youtube, I'm not going to spend an hour watching someone that may or may not be a reliable source. I've watched expert witnesses under oath convincingly tell lie after lie. You cannot tell when a good liar is spinning a tale and a good liar is often more convincing than a truthful person who is anxious about telling the exact truth. That's why there are published articles peer reviewed and open to critique. Not perfect but as good as we have. Anybody can aim a camera this way instead of that and shade the story in their direction, it happens everyday. I have friends in the medical profession including a nurse who traveled to NYC to help out. This video does not reflect anything that she observed.

I find the video by Dr. Z much more convincing and he expresses himself in 3'38" instead of over an hour for the nurse. The original video is also hosted on a website whose other stories have a clear bias toward this point of view. That also makes me suspicious. Everybody has a point of view, there is little point in presenting something if it doesn't further you view, but as those viewpoints move away from the mean in any direction my suspicion increases in direct proportion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tingting said:

Wearing a mask and distancing cost you nothing.  My wearing a mask protects you and not me.  I am immune suppressed and have stayed home except on the rare occasions I have to go out.  By you refusing to wear a mask and distance yourself from me, you can kill me.  YOUR RIGHT TO NOT FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH MEASURES ENDS WHEN YOU THREATEN MY LIFE!  I am sorry it inconveniences you but that is no reason to potentially infect someone else.  The virus is here.  We are not testing.  We have no idea who or how many people are infected.  People can be infected without symptoms and can infect others.  Concern for the wellbeing of fellow humans does not seem to one of your strong suits.

• Thanks 7