Chapala.com Webboard

Big fire Cerro El Alto

That fire is still smoking. You can not see the base of the smoke where there are probably fires.  As the OP said it is on the southside of Cerro El Alto so you could not see any flames when it was dark last night.

8 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

LakeCam.netcamXL.jpg?Mon%20Jun%2015%2020

I see it from the north west. A much different angle and view. I just looked with binoculars and it is still smoking. It is behind that mountain on the left.

38 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Yes at 8pm I can see smoke drifting over the ridge. Still haven't seen any flames. Also earlier I saw some smoke in the saddle between El Alto and Garcia.

It was raining for a short time on the other side. Might have had some effect

Yes, I was using binoculars because I could not see much smoke but since the there is enough smoke to see it with the naked eye. Just hope it rains quite a bit before lightening comes. I haven't seen flames either. But where there is smoke there is ........

24 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

6pm Tuesday.  To me it now looks like the fire has reached the summit and is starting down the north side.

If it continues we might see the night show like we saw on Garcia about 7 or 8 years ago

Yes, I agree. We may see flames once it gets dark.