Chapala.com Webboard

Travel from US to Ajijic

So I’m getting conflicting information in regards to traveling. I have a medical treatment on July 7. Does anyone know with the new cases popping up if we are going to be allowed to travel? I know it’s a little less than a month out I’m just curious what the rules are now. One site says one thing and another says something different. ???

Perhaps your medical procedure is essential, but if it's not, I would seriously consider rescheduling, if possible, at the present time. Regardless of the rules (and no one can say what they will be a month forward),  coronavirus is on the upswing, not the downswing, in Mexico, and it seems really risky to have a treatment done in a hospital (if that is where it is to be done) that may be full of coronavirus patients. 

• Like 1

Just now, mudgirl said:

Perhaps your medical procedure is essential, but if it's not, I would seriously consider rescheduling, if possible, at the present time. Regardless of the rules (and no one can say what they will be a month forward),  coronavirus is on the upswing, not the downswing, in Mexico, and it seems really risky to have a treatment done in a hospital (if that is where it is to be done) that may be full of coronavirus patients. 

In Guadalajara CV patients are segregated to hospitals ready to receive them.

Not dangerous to have medical procedures done at this time according to the  2 doctors in my family.

Can't speak for other cities.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 6:57 PM, Mostlylost said:

Traveling by plane or by car? If by car what crossing?  Legal status in Mexico?  Without that info it will be hard to answer your question

I’m flying  in on July 6th and have stem cell treatment on July 7th with Dr. Justyna Jimenez at Clinica de Rehabilacio Integral; Carr. Poniente #234 B Int., Ajijic. I am a US citizen. Thank you!!!!

2 hours ago, Robinh said:

I’m flying  in on July 6th and have stem cell treatment on July 7th with Dr. Justyna Jimenez at Clinica de Rehabilacio Integral; Carr. Poniente #234 B Int., Ajijic. I am a US citizen. Thank you!!!!

Robinh, not to digress from you flight info, but I say to you that there is no.... repeat no substantial facts for a positive out come from the service she is offering. Maybe the price is attractive and your situation is dire. Good luck with both the flights and treatments and please do let us know how you make out

Then you will be entering on a tourist visa?   You will need to check with the airline as to current regs regarding that type of entry. Also many hotels are operating at diminished capacity. 

Contrary to doomsday sayers  it is not dangerous with normal precautions.  You know what is right for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doubt if you will be allowed to cross with only a tourist visa.

Just read US & Canada are extending border crossing ban until mid-to-late July.

Mexico & US Border will likely be the same.  

Tourism is not allowed, so it might be tough getting into Mexico

19 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Then you will be entering on a tourist visa?   You will need to check with the airline as to current regs regarding that type of entry. Also many hotels are operating at diminished capacity. 

Contrary to doomsday sayers  it is not dangerous with normal precautions.  You know what is right for you. 

59 minutes ago, Gilligan said:

Doubt if you will be allowed to cross with only a tourist visa.

Just read US & Canada are extending border crossing ban until mid-to-late July.

Mexico & US Border will likely be the same.  

Tourism is not allowed, so it might be tough getting into Mexico

The OP is flying and the temporary Covid restrictions only apply to LAND crossings.  This is from US Embassy but they provisions are the same between all 3 countries crossings.  

https://mx.usembassy.gov/travel-restrictions-fact-sheet/

May 20, 2020

COVID-19 Related Travel Restrictions across the U.S. Borders with Canada and Mexico

The United States will temporarily limit inbound land border crossings from Canada and Mexico to “essential travel”.

These restrictions are temporary and went into effect on March 21, 2020. They will remain in effect through 11:59 pm on June 22, 2020.  This decision has been coordinated with the Governments of Mexico and Canada.

Q&A

Q:  What will this mean for airline travel and other travel across the border?

A:  This action does not apply to air, rail, or sea travel at this time, but does apply to commuter rail and ferry travel.

Actually cross border travel by land for medical reasons has been allowed during the travel restrictions.   There was no travel restriction to Mexico by air before.

Also July 1st most hotels will be welcoming guests in the major tourism centers. 

Things change that is why I suggested the OP contact the airline.  

18 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Actually cross border travel by land for medical reasons has been allowed during the travel restrictions.   There was no travel restriction to Mexico by air before.

Also July 1st most hotels will be welcoming guests in the major tourism centers. 

Things change that is why I suggested the OP contact the airline.  

Mostly, are you talking about Mexico's hotels will be open on July 1st