Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Offices

You say your "bills" were too much. Are on an Amigo pre pay, or do you have an actual plan where you receive a bill every month.

Other question is why is going to the states costing too much? 

If you are Amigo plan for $50 you can have unlimited USA Canada added for 30 days. If you are on a regular plan change your plan to North America and your monthly bill will increase $50 a month.

Telcel at Laguna is bizarre that way. There is one guy who who speaks perfect English there (a bit grumpy though) and is quite knowledgeable. When I have asked if I could see him sometimes they would let me other times not. They would say wait your turn.

How much do you think resellers get?

11 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

You say your "bills" were too much. Are on an Amigo pre pay, or do you have an actual plan where you receive a bill every month.

Other question is why is going to the states costing too much? 

If you are Amigo plan for $50 you can have unlimited USA Canada added for 30 days. If you are on a regular plan change your plan to North America and your monthly bill will increase $50 a month.

I have a contract and I pay monthly. Every time I came back from the states I was always told that I went over data or internet or some such thing. I thought I had unlimited but obviously not. I have the neighbor plan or whatever it's called so I can stay connected when I travel. It includes Mexico, US and Canada.

11 hours ago, cedros said:

Telcel at Laguna is bizarre that way. There is one guy who who speaks perfect English there (a bit grumpy though) and is quite knowledgeable. When I have asked if I could see him sometimes they would let me other times not. They would say wait your turn.

How much do you think resellers get?

What do you mean by your question?

• 2 weeks later...

An update for Ana  at the Telcel store by Alex's pasta. I returned to using Ana's services after trying various other places. A word of caution. If you are just using Ana to pay for time on Telecel it is probably  okay but for other things beware. WhatsApp quit working on my cell phone. Ana said she could fix that in 3 or 4 hours.  A day later when my phone was finally ready I had WhatsApp back but I had lost all my contacts and photos. Ana had warned me this might happen and she said they were lost forever.  My computer guy retrieved my contacts and photos. Whew! So think twice before getting Ana to do something other than paying Telcel. She was as rude as ever blaming it on me. 

My computer guy said that Silvia at the nearby Telcel store in Bougainvilleas mall was much better than Ana.

I have used Ana for 14 yrs now and would never use anyone else.. I will go right out and say it.. I don’t believe you were cheated by her or her daughter, you made made the mistake.. She has helped so many people with there cell phone problems, and there’s never a charge..  My partner got delayed NOB one year and Ana paid her cell phone bill for her until she could return.  I have never seen her rude to anyone, it wouldn’t surprise me if she was the way some expats speak to her... Once in awhile I pay online, but if I can I go to her store to pay my bill because I know if I have any issues she will sort them out for me...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

I have used Ana for 14 yrs now and would never use anyone else.. I will go right out and say it.. I don’t believe you were cheated by her or her daughter, you made made the mistake.. She has helped so many people with there cell phone problems, and there’s never a charge..  My partner got delayed NOB one year and Ana paid her cell phone bill for her until she could return.  I have never seen her rude to anyone, it wouldn’t surprise me if she was the way some expats speak to her... Once in awhile I pay online, but if I can I go to her store to pay my bill because I know if I have any issues she will sort them out for me...

I never did anything -how could I make a mistake. Ana was over her depths. She lied and did not know what she was doing.  She won't survive. The mistake I made was letting Ana do something complicated with my phone. I will leave simple things for her to do -like paying Telcel. I might even switch to Silva at the nearby Telcel store in Bugainvillas mall. The facts speak for themselves. You obviously don't know the details.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willie said:

Love Ana...she goes above and beyond!

She should not go beyond as she is beyond her knowledge. Just pay the Telcel bill.

• Sad 1

Does anybody know the phone number at Ana's Telcel office (next to Alex's)?   The numbers I have for her don't seem to work anymore (376 766 1254 and 333 115 5518.

I've worked with her for several years, too, and have never had a problem.  But she was supposed to call me today regarding a new contract I signed with her 2 weeks ago (and paid her for) but Telcel sent me a text saying my bill wasn't paid so I have no outgoing phone service.  I met with her earlier today and she said she'd have things corrected and my service up and running in 30 minutes, but no such luck.  I live in San Juan Cosala and would prefer not to drive back into the village if I can simply call her to find out what's happening.