Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Offices

I am not satisfied with the service at the office that I go to. Can anyone recommend an office with good customer service? English speaking would be a plus. I would rather not go into Chapala. TIA

6 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Curious as to which Telcel office you unhappy with? 

Rather not name names.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:22 PM, oregontochapala said:

Next to Alex's  Pasta in Ajijic.

Ana next to Alex's pasta  is knowledgeable but I've noticed that she is quite rude to many people. I'm not quite sure what she gets out of it. She seems to do a good business with expats who don't want to deal with the big Telcel in Laguna mall.

7 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I think she needs to start training a person to assist her, she tries to do many things at the same time

Yes, trying to do too many things at once. She will be helping someone  when she will be interrupted by a phone call or a visitor and she can be sidetracked for many minutes while the first customer waits. The other day when I was in there she was dealing with a frustrated older man who told her several times to stop shouting at him.

7 hours ago, nutz said:

I would suggest staying away from Anna, in my experience not every peso I give her ends up on my account.ie; May 2and gave her 500 and only 365 showed up on account. Another friend was short 150P. I now go Laguna.

The big question is why not just pay online?  Less gas, safer, quicker. 

https://www.mitelcel.com/mitelcel/login    

7 hours ago, nutz said:

I would suggest staying away from Anna, in my experience not every peso I give her ends up on my account.ie; May 2and gave her 500 and only 365 showed up on account. Another friend was short 150P. I now go Laguna.

Oh no! that is disappointing. I find it difficult to find out if I am getting every peso worth that I pay Ana. For several years I paid at the Telcel store that used to be across the carretera from Telmex until I realized they were cheating me, then I switched to Ana, then I switched to Laguna but then switched to online payment (but it was a bit erratic) maybe I will have to again. Then I went back to Ana. Sometimes I wonder if cell phones are worth the hassle.

• Like 1

I'm sure different people view Ana differently .I have used her for years , always very helpful but her personality is a little "dry "at times but I don't go there for the fellowship . She does get stretched at times trying to answer the phone , help a customer , while a third is trying to ask a "quick"  question .She does know her business . By the way she robbed AGAIN last Saturday at gunpoint .

19 minutes ago, Senoir D said:

I'm sure different people view Ana differently .I have used her for years , always very helpful but her personality is a little "dry "at times but I don't go there for the fellowship . She does get stretched at times trying to answer the phone , help a customer , while a third is trying to ask a "quick"  question .She does know her business . By the way she robbed AGAIN last Saturday at gunpoint .

What a shame. Ana seems to have a young lady working in the store now.  She doesn't seem to do Telcel things just deals with selling accessories maybe.

When I was last at her office, maybe 3 weeks ago, there was a young lady there who handled my purchase of time for my "Plan Amigo" on my cell phone.  Ana was helping someone else, maybe buying a phone, I don't remember. I've got to go there tomorrow on another matter. 

1 hour ago, johanson said:

When I was last at her office, maybe 3 weeks ago, there was a young lady there who handled my purchase of time for my "Plan Amigo" on my cell phone.  Ana was helping someone else, maybe buying a phone, I don't remember. I've got to go there tomorrow on another matter. 

Maybe the young lady is another daughter. I met a daughter of Ana's at a barber shop but this is a different gal. Ana can use the help. The young lady always asks if she can help me and I say I am waiting to see Ana. I didn't realize the young lady can do Telcel stuff.

5 minutes ago, cedros said:

Maybe the young lady is another daughter. I met a daughter of Ana's at a barber shop but this is a different gal. Ana can use the help. The young lady always asks if she can help me and I say I am waiting to see Ana. I didn't realize the young lady can do Telcel stuff.

Come to think of it. I am not sure whether the young lady or Ana took my money and added time to my iPhone. I think it was the young lady, but it could have been Ana. I just remember that they were both there.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, Mostlylost said:

It is ok to say here you are unhappy with an individual store. It can be helpful information for us all. 

Then it isn't the official office in Centro Laguna.

It is a re-seller that you have a problem with?

I stopped going to Centro Laguna because I was traveling to the States a lot and my bills were always outrageous. I would ask for an English speaker (I know who they are) but they always denied my request. So I started going to a reseller but always felt like I was getting the runaround. I had to return four times in a week for the same issue and when I called to explain that my service was still suspended after paying my bill on time I was told to send an email. If I pay my bill on time I should be credited in a reasonable amount of time. I stay in as much as possible so I was not happy to be going into the office so much. 

3 hours ago, gogirl said:

I stopped going to Centro Laguna because I was traveling to the States a lot and my bills were always outrageous. I would ask for an English speaker (I know who they are) but they always denied my request. So I started going to a reseller but always felt like I was getting the runaround. I had to return four times in a week for the same issue and when I called to explain that my service was still suspended after paying my bill on time I was told to send an email. If I pay my bill on time I should be credited in a reasonable amount of time. I stay in as much as possible so I was not happy to be going into the office so much. 

Buy time online. Here are a few.

https://undostres.com.mx/

https://www.recharge.com/en/mexico/telcel-top-up

https://www.xoom.com/mexico/mobile-reloads/telcel