Chapala.com Webboard

When do domestic workers return to homes/work?

We gave ours a month time out with pay while we sorted out schedules and transportation and how things were developing.  Now we pick her up and return her, she wears mask and gloves, we all keep distance.  She was very happy to return, didn't like being stuck at home.

The decision to avoid public transportation was easy, while sitting at the first traffic light east San Antonio I observed a bus stopped across the street.  All rows were full on the one side I had a clear view of, I saw ONE mask out of maybe 15 people.

Our lady came back two weeks ago. She arrives, sanitised her hands, wears a mask. No gloves unless she wishes when working with cleansers and disinfectants. We are outside while she cleans and when she leaves I turn all the ceiling fans on high for a bit. I am so happy to have her back. Data also now shows that it is unlikely to catch the virus from surfaces if you are careful.  Our lady never takes the bus, stays home most of the time, only works for us. We are very lucky to have her and help her with a bag of weekly staples...

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, Alfa said:

How can anyone say things are returning to normal (in any sense)when new Covid case are still on the increase? Thursday saw over 4000 new cases.

And exactly where was the 4000 new cases and what is your sourcing for this?

We just got back from Santa Cruz to pay our maid for the next two months (as we have been doing).  If things improve, she will come back to work but I am immune suppressed and she has a large extended family.  She told me that Covid is in Chapala.  I do not know if this is true or how she knows but it wouldn't be surprising as it is already documented on two sides of Chapala.   We are between Chapala and Jocotepec, so it is headed our way.  In no way shape or form do I think we are even into the worst of this yet.  People, please be careful and stay safe.

19 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

3593 new cases reported by ministry of health in one day from El Informador Saturday June 6

This number was reported ON that day...it is not the number FOR that day:

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico’s health ministry on Saturday reported 3,593 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection and 341 additional fatalities, bringing the total in the country to 113,619 cases and 13,511 deaths.

6 hours ago, gringohombre said:

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico’s health ministry on Saturday reported 3,593 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection and 341 additional fatalities, bringing the total in the country to 113,619 cases and 13,511 deaths.

??????????????????

6 hours ago, gringohombre said:

June 4th Thursday:
105680 - 101238 = 4432
June 6th Saturday:
113619 - 110026 = 3593

Take a week off the board will be beneficial to yourself and others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No problem guys when everyone was careful there were no cases of covi and now people let their guards down and there are 11 cases of all of a suden..

Just because the government says they are reopening does not mean we need to let our guards down.. Social distancing is important and needs to be kept alive.. As far as stores reopening , as long as people are careful an do not pile on top of each other, I do not see the problem.. The problem is when people think we are back to normal..and we are not, not if we have any brains.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2